Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Hot Chocolate
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricky

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this makes also THE best chocolate pudding on earth if you bring the final mix (1quart recipe) to a boil and whisk in 100grms of cornstarch mixed with 100ml of milk. The amount of starch depends a bit how creamy or stiff you like your pudding.
Let it bubble for a couple of seconds and you are ready.
JC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks delicious! I'm going to try this in my Thermomix (makes it easy to keep an even temperature). Only problem is that I don't think I can find semisweet chocolate chips here. What percentage of cocoa in a bar would approximate that well?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stand any chocolate that's not milk. When I made the hot chocolate with milk chocolate my mom had mixed up the salt with sugar Teasing. So when we (my family)drank it, the hot chocolate was so sweet I was the only one that finished my cup... Luckly I have a huge sweet tooth so I finshed everyone's cups. That night I was up till 6:00 am...
rth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Time involved in making this hot chocolate. Reply with quote

How long does this process take, once you have your mise en place?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Time involved in making this hot chocolate. Reply with quote

rth wrote:
How long does this process take, once you have your mise en place?

This takes about 2 minutes. One minute of it is warming up the chocolate in the microwave. Should be about 30 to 60 sec to get it mixed up after that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: