Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

python vs. mongoose.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: python vs. mongoose..... Reply with quote

I just viewed on the news the growing problem with Burmese Pythons in southern Florida, and how they are rapidly multiplying and spreading. Was wondering if inserting a large # of Mongoose would solve this problem. I know they fend well against Indian Cobras, but not sure about Burmese Pythons. Does anyone know if they would be effective on Pythons as well??
ME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Mongoose vs. the Python Reply with quote

Pythons tend to be rather methodical in their attack. In other words, it is usually an offensive posture rather than defensive as it is with a cobra. Mongoose enjoy the teasing and effectively wear down their opponent before making the strike. A python has a similiar nature: i.e., a chicken thrown into a cage with a python immediately is aware of its presense thereby squawking and flapping all over the cage trying to get away. Meanwhile, the python will just watch the hapless bird with its eyes. When the bird finally calms down from exhaustion, the python will slowly manuever into a striking position. The bird barely knows what hit him. In a few minutes the life is squeezed out and dinner is served.
I doubt mongoose would attempt a challenge with an 8 to 10 ft constrictor of any type.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum