Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Food Related Tattoo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kawartha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Food Related Tattoo Reply with quote

I am looking to get a new tattoo. I would really like to get one that shows my love for food and cooking. I could ask the tattoo artist to come up with something, but I think there is more heart and soul here, when it comes to food Smile Are there any artist's in the room? Any ideas?

I appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers!
Kawartha
Thor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: New Tat Reply with quote

That's a tough one. Prepared foods may be unrecognizable as a tattoo. And a fruit medley doesn't exactly scream "foodie". A bunch of radomly located foodstuffs might be fun. An olive here, a head of garlic there, a cluster of grapes over there.

You mentioned "new" tattoo. Do you already have a bunch?? And of what sort?? Would you say you are more of flowers and butterflies, or snakes and skulls sort of person??
Kawartha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Tattoo Reply with quote

Given the 2 choices.... I would say Flowers and Butterflies.

I have a symbol I have drawn for a while (personal meaning). Thats it. Smile
Thor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: New Artwork Reply with quote

Not sure I can be much help since you only have one, and it has personal meaning. Probably means that whatever food related tattoo you get should have significant, personal meaning. That, only you can decide.

But, maybe you should think about a symbol of some sort, start a collection. Are there symbols for food? Maybe you could combine the symbol with art of one or more of the ingredients. Or make the symbol out of one or more of the ingredients. I'm always intrigued by Chinese symbols. Maybe a food related one??

What are your favorite foods? What do you most like to oook??
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: New Artwork Reply with quote

Thor wrote:
I'm always intrigued by Chinese symbols. Maybe a food related one??

If you do get a chinese symbol, please get it drawn on paper first and find a person who can read Chinese to tell you if the word is complete. Tina often sees tats that are missing a particular stroke or dot which renders the word meaningless. Even more common is the single Chinese ideogram that is supposed to mean X, but more often than not it's either the first or second ideogram of a pair and by itself is potentially meaningless.
Thor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Meaningless Reply with quote

"Meaningless" would be one thing. "You are the fruit under a horse's bottom" would be quite different.

Best to check before you ink.
TrixieNYC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Food Related Tattoo Reply with quote

I've always thought that the Wise Potato Chips Owl would make a great tattoo but I think they may have updated their logo recently. Maybe you could find an old image and see how it grabs you. Or, since you mentioned Chinese imagery, how about some food with chop sticks? Maybe even a take-out container with noodles or something.
Forcedhand

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Cooking Reply with quote

You should give us a bit more information. If you like Chinese cooking you could get a tatoo of a "W" on one cheek of your ass and a "K" on the other cheek. That way when you bend over it will say WOK!
Auspicious

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not into ink so my thoughts may not be helpful.

Simple may be the best. Is there an ingredient that speaks to you? I can envision a garlic bulb, an olive, or some basil leaves being good drawings. Filet mignon ... not so much.

Someone might be able to do something interesting with celery, carrot, and onion.

Maybe a hot sauce logo? (Please not Tabasco - there are so many better choices.)

I'm really stretching here ...
Chef Bensoy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Chefs Tattoo Reply with quote

you can google search in images "Chefs Tattoo" there are lots of design to choose from, you can get some ideas from it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum