Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trivection and Advantium Review Request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: Trivection and Advantium Review Request Reply with quote

Hi,
Anybody own a Trivection oven or Advantium microwave? If so, what do you think of them? I would like to replace my current oven, microwave, and toaster oven with this pair.
danemodsandy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last oven Julia Child ever bought was an Advantium. She wasn't happy:

http://www.myspeakerscorner.com/forum/spawn.php?qv=1&fn=2&tid=18915
Truck Driver

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Advantiums... Reply with quote

My largest customer is the company that manufactures both of those gadgets. I have not had any experience with the Trivection (other than reading service bulletins that say not to remove the doors, which is the first thing most installers will do when putting one in...)

I have had some experience with the Advantium - I got to install and test most of the display models in my area when they were originally introduced (only retailers who would have a full time sales person trained in their operation were allowed to sell them originally because of their complexity) and have had the opportunity to talk to several consumers who have them.

My impression of them, and the general concensus of the consumers and sales people that I have spoken to (the sales people were, of course, off the record) is that they are "neat," but not that useful.

For a gadget lover, or technophile, they are great, but for a serious cook, not so much. They are to complex for the average joe to ba able to use easily - you can't just hit start and have them run.

Just my $.02...
ahg54

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Trivection Reply with quote

My wife and I have a GE Profile Trivection/Convection double oven. This is a great oven!!!

During December of 2006, my wife and I decided to assess the trivection feature. My wife baked the same types of cookies (several types) in both the upper oven using the trivection feature and in the lower oven using the traditional baking method. In my opinion, the cookies cooked in the trivection oven were much better than those that were baked in the traditonal oven as they were crispier on the outside, but had more moisture and were more chewy in the inside. The trivection oven also cooked the same type of cookies in about one-half of the time as the traditional thermal technology oven.

We also roasted turkeys in both the upper oven and lower ovens as part of the assessment of the trivection technology. Although I did not notice any significant difference in the taste, the trivection oven cooked a twenty-two pound turkey (22 lbs.) in two (2) hours as compared to taking four (4) hours to roast the same turkey in the conventional oven.

On of the best features of the trivection oven is that it automatically converts the time specified in conventional recipes to the time needed for the trivection oven. Thus, all one needs to do is enter the the type of food (beef, poultry, etc.) and cooking method (speed bake, speed broil, etc.), the conventional time and the conventional temperature and the oven will automatically adjust and display the time for cooking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum