Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

recipes wanted using metric scale:variety of healthy breads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: recipes wanted using metric scale:variety of healthy breads Reply with quote

I'm teaching my upcoming scientist daughter how to cook. She loves her new metric scale. Teen friendly healthy bread, cracker and other recipes wanted, preferably without milk products since I am allergic
napster52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:51 am    Post subject: How to Purchase Healthy Bread Reply with quote

How to Purchase Healthy Bread

The first thing to look at when purchasing breads is the ingredients list.

* Look for breads where the very first ingredient is “whole grain” or “stone ground” rather than “enriched” (even if whole grains follow the enriched flour ingredient).
* Look for natural sweeteners like molasses or honey over high fructose corn syrup. Preferably, the sweetener and salt should be last on the ingredients list.
* If you consume high quantities of bread or keep the bread refrigerated, it will last longer and you can purchase fresher varieties that do not contain additives or preservatives.

===============================================

napster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: recipes wanted using metric scale:variety of healthy bre Reply with quote

ad wrote:
I'm teaching my upcoming scientist daughter how to cook. She loves her new metric scale. Teen friendly healthy bread, cracker and other recipes wanted, preferably without milk products since I am allergic

ad,

Here is the only bread we eat at our house becuase it tastes so good....

2 Cups unbleached All purpose Flour
1 Cup Rolled Oats
1 T Rumford Baking Powder (No aluminum)
1 T Cane sugar
1 t sea salt
1 12 oz. red ale (homebrew for me- others work) beer

Preheat oven to 375, Olive oil spray baking pan, cook for 45 minutes. Tastes great! No milk, no eggs- pretty simple and you can have a loaf in 1 hour :0)
claire909

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great it is looking nice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum