Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Learning Indian Cooking
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ishbel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atul Kotchhar is a GREAT chef. His food is a really great mix of Indian subcontinental food with Western overtones - sort of nouvelle cuisine for Indian food! He was awarded a Michelin star a while back.
I LOVE his restaurant in London. It's called Benares. If anyone ever travels to the UK, make this one to visit.
bakeryindore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:36 am    Post subject: Re: Learning Indian Cooking Reply with quote

EngineeringProfessor wrote:

India is an incredibly diverse country. Eighteen languages are spoken (or at least recognized by the Indian government) and the primary religion, Hindu, recognizes some 30,000 gods. Speaking of religions, India has the second largest Muslim population in the world. This diversity means that Indian cooking is not just curry and tandoori nan. The range of spices and spice mixtures alone that are used is mind boggling! Anyway, your approach is commendable and I would recommend starting with a region of India--that will help you divide and conquer the cooking of this wonderful subcontinent.

That's really great!!!

Thank for sharing the valuable information. South Indian Food is one of my favorite food.. I love VADA, MASALA DOSA.and masala dosa is the most popular South Indian dish loved by people across the world. ...
SmartShabby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indian foods are excellent!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum