Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Osso Buco
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grandmarose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Osso Buco Reply with quote

I have an electric rotisserie "dutch oven"...can this be used for both browning and braising?
Joyce

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Osso buco Reply with quote

I've enjoyed reading all the ideas here....2.5 years after the last post. I am planning an Osso Buco feast with a foodie friend, and as usual, I'm reading all the recipes I can find and incorporating the best ideas until I know them by heart. I hate following recipes, and usually just work with a list of ingredients. Love the idea of searing the shanks in bacon fat, incorporating an anchovy into the braise. I also found that some add 1/2 an anchovy into the gremolata, along with some horseradish, either fresh, or if jarred, after squeezing the juice out. Can't wait!
Rayavidas

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love osso bucco, one of my favourite dishes Smile
Ka Honu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: After 15 years... Reply with quote

... this is still one of our favorite "go-to" recipes although due to the rarity of veal in Hawaii we use beef shanks. Thanks for having put this together "back in the day."
Bombom Q

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Osso Bucco Reply with quote Delete this post

Just want to thank the author of the Osso Bucco recipe and the website owner. This has been a Christmas family tradition for over 12 years now. Now even my grandkids enjoy and expect it every year. I’m an Engineer so I added a few modifications through the years, which I want to share. 1. When seasoning the meat, use the recipe instructions and lightly coat the entire surface area with garlic powder, meat tenderizer, McCormick Steak dry rub, and olive oil (use the “for cooking” high temp to a avoid smoking). 2. Before searing, lightly cut (1”long x 1/8”deep) the outside perimeter perpendicular to the bone of both sides of the meat to avoid the meat from curling. 3. When searing the meat, use the recipe instructions and add some cooking olive oil and half a can of anchovies. Don’t allow the anchovies to burn so move them around frequently. Two minutes into searing, start scooping some of the anchovy infused oil from the pan to the top surface of the meat and marrow. Repeat the process when searing the other side. That’s it folks. Honestly, the original recipe is perfect. I think it’s just human nature to innovate a bit and it makes me happy especially while I’m “drunk” cooking. My family always asks for the recipe and I always refer them to this site. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and have a Happy 2023. Filipino American from Fontana, CA.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: