Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacon wraped honey spiral cut ham

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think of this recipe?
Instant heart attack!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sounds good :)
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
I already wrap everything I cook with bacon- old news!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
YUK, Bring on the veggie loaf!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Doesn't sound very good...
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

offshoreracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Bacon wraped honey spiral cut ham Reply with quote

After making the "plain cheesecake" recipe off this site I thought I would share my method of preparing ham (not too sure if people normally make it this way) After years of dry flavorless ham at grandma's every thanksgiving and x-mas I decided to try a new method to keep everything moist.

I start with a good quality spiral cut ham. A mixture of left over pineapple juice, melted butter, brown sugar, honey, and a small amount of mustard is made. You'll want a some what thicker consistancy like ketchup. I spoon a little in between each layer of the spiral cut ham. Next, I wrap a good quality bacon around and under the ham- completly covering it- secured with toothpicks. On the toothpicks I hang sliced pineapple. I cover the outside of everything with the remaining sauce mixture. A good addition to this recipe is to use johnsonville sausage links wraped in bacon placed in the same pan with the ham and covered with the sauce mixture. Bake the ham until the bacon is done and enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum