Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Chocolate Truffles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HWPB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: got it wrong Reply with quote

Oops; I got the ration wrong and used 400g chocolate to 800g cream - too early in the morning. I'm going to put it in the icecream maker when it cools down and see what I get!
fridolph

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if I can use semi-sweet dark chocolate instead of bittersweet dark chocolate.
annala2001

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:30 pm    Post subject: Can I freeze truffles coated with tempered dark chocolate? Reply with quote

Exactly that - Can I freeze truffles coated with tempered dark chocolate?!

I've just made my ganache but would like to coat them then freeze them; as long as I defrost them gently, will they be ok or will they bloom?

Thank you Smile
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

odds are against you on the blooming issue.....
annala2001

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote Delete this post

That's what I was afraid of Sad they're for presents too so appearance is important. Perhaps it's best just to leave them uncoated to freeze, at least for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: