Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipes+meal planner+automated grocery lists+voice =Cookbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
autumnmist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Recipes+meal planner+automated grocery lists+voice =Cookbook Reply with quote

Hi all,

Some of you may have heard about the Mydreamapp competition in which contestants compete to have their "Dream Appplication" be made real by a team of developers.

One of those might be of interest to those you who use computers a lot in your cooking (either for keeping track of recipes, etc). I know I certainly would like to move away from keeping the majority of my recipes in a Word document...

Now, enter Cookbook, one of the "Dream Apps" competing in the final round.
http://www.happylandfill.com/cookbook/

If Cookbook finishes in the top 3, it will be developed and made available! But, right now Cookbook is thought to be in danger of losing its place among the top 3.

So check out that website and if you like what you see, vote for Cookbook!
Matt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I don't use Macs, I can get behind this - IMO, there's a distinct lack of good Cookbook software. I know that there are proponents of different existing apps here, and it's not my intent to offend, I just found them lacking what I was looking for.

BTW, you should see my post regarding using MediaWiki as a cookbook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum