Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are lunch bags safe for microwaving popcorn?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenc102

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the popcorn that already comes in those microwave bags? They're not the brown bags, but I always kind of wondered about them. Sometimes you can smell a burnt smell after the microwave is done.
Mare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Popping corn in brown paper bag Reply with quote

I did recently hear that it was unsafe to make popcorn in the paper bag, that whatever is the composition of the paper was not intended to be heated. If someone has the facts on this, I’d sure appreciate it. I have been popping corn regularly since I learned the recipe.
Mare

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Microwave popcorn l Reply with quote

I saw an article a few years ago in which researchers (think) listed food items they would never buy/eat. One was microwave popcorn.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ordinary 'lunch bag' stuff is perfectly safe.

the commercial microwave popcorn bags typically have a grease repelling coating - which many 'organizations' find unwanted. depending on the source it's a non-issue to absolutely earth shattering / kill you in a minute thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum