Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stereo Equipment - What do you covet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Stereo Equipment - What do you covet? Reply with quote

The flavor I'm looking for is not so much how much computerized technology have you created to listen to mp3s, but what do you use for your main listening system? Certainly jacking in a networked computer of some ilk to feed the amp is fine. More interested in your choice of speakers, amplifiers, integrated amp, pre-amplifiers and any technology you've found that works well for what you're doing. This might be power conditioners, speaker wire or bafflin' of bright walls.

My main system in the living room sports a pair of Magnepan MG 1.5 mated to a Toshiba SA-7150 receiver. Google that one, it's rare. I was told it was the first receiver to integrate a 100% digital tuner section, this was in the late 1970's. Could be true, it's a little funky. The amplifier section is the cleanest I've ever owned, rated at 160 per channel. The only amp or receiver I've never had to jack in a graphic equalizer to find the missing frequencies. This is all connected to a turntable and laptop that's networked to my mp3 computer.

Other equipment in storage waiting for a use:

Sansui receiver, 9090
Realistic 2100d receiver - needs fuses replaced
Pioneer SA-880 integrated amp
Pioneer tuner - late 70s
Onkyo TA-4500 mk II receiver
ESS 500n power amp / 250 a channel
Sunn Model 15 speakers - 2 15" woofers, 2 piezo tweeters, 1 large 3' wide horn all designed to be tri-amplified by 3 800 watt mono amps. Boy these are fun.
Realistic Mach I speakers, drivers need refoaming. Nice condition though.

Other misc. fun things tucked here and there.

What you up to?
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stereo equipment is one of my foibles.

Speakers: The Martin Logan Statement E2 driven by a pre-amp and four monobloc power amplifers deserving of driving such an electrical load. (I'm a little flexible here.) Musical source: The dCS Verdi Encore transport/upsampler and Elgar D/A converter and Verona Master Clock. I can tell you first hand, listening to this combination is almost as good as sex, and you can do it all day long!

If anyone would like to contribute to make this vice come to fruition for me, I'll gladly tell you where to send the money!
Dude111

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 1 Fisher Speaker hooked up...... (I prefer MONO if I can get it that way -- I thankfully can listen to my 8 tracks and cassettes IN MONO (I have a stereo to mono adapter))

And I have a SONY DE-185 as my AM/FM radio and AMP. (I have my VCR and my 8 track/cassette deck hooked into it)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum