Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foor proc Kitchenaid Vs Cuisinart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
annxiousmofo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Foor proc Kitchenaid Vs Cuisinart Reply with quote

Hi all,
I am looking at getting a new food processor and want to get one that is going to last for a while, do bread dough etc. I've heard elsewhwere that the cuisinarts aren't what they used they used to be. The tops break easily etc. Anyine have any input as to what to go for? Any experience to share? I was looking at the 11 cup processors. Maybe a 12 cup for the kitchenaid because it seems to come with a lot more blades for a little more money.

Thanks
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a 12 cup RobotCoupe.
desertm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, this is my first post here. Smile I have had a unique experience with my Robot Coupe: this month it will be 24!!! years old, and still going strong. I too recommend it wholeheartedly
pj_rage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have found this link already, but here ya go:

http://www.consumersearch.com/www/kitchen/food-processors/index.html

I will be going with the Kitchenaid KFP750 soon, and hopefully joining the horde of happy reviewers Teasing
IndyRob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw an episode of America's Test Kitchen where they tested two Kitchen Aids, two Cuisinarts and some others. My memory may fail me, but I believe, while they gave a slight nod to the Cuisinarts in the bread dough dept., they selected the Kitchen Aids as best.

However, among the Kitchen Aids, they preferred the older model (sorry, I don't have any model numbers). It seems the newer one, while having a bigger feed tube that they liked, also had added safety features which tended to negate that.

Personally, I'm becoming a little bit skeptical about both brands - not because of the big ticket stuff - but because they're both proving very capable of branding lower end stuff that turns out to be crap.
pj_rage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a kitchenaid KFP750 and man does it rock. Very solid and well built. Big capacity, and plenty of power. I really can't complain. I am amazed at the power. I really haven't even been able to leave it on for more than a second for fear that it will just emulsify my food.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum