Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Grilled Salmon Comments Tangent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess. Does this one involve a grill and a salmon?
Saintplums

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFartPants wrote:
Let me guess. Does this one involve a grill and a salmon?

Funnily enough no...

The texas BBQ style grilled salmon,

contains, wheatgerm, shredded parsnip, and deep fried glass...
Philly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Salmon Marinade Reply with quote

Ok, so we've got our salmon down here, and we put that flesh side down first. I made sure that the grill was nice and slick before the fish actually hit the grill. So, I've got those flesh side down as I said. We're going to use our thinner spatula here. A thicker spatula might be a little rough on the fish and we want to handle this very delicately. We're going to go ahead and flip the on this side just like so. It's a good idea to keep the skin on the fish, especially when you're grilling because it's going to hold the protein together. A lot of people take the skin off, and that's what makes the fish flake off into pieces when you're grilling it. The skin itself is a valuable source of the omega 3's that we talked about. There's a thin layer of fat in between the skin and the flesh. Once you finish the cooking process this way, you actually render those fats up into the flesh and it makes for a much richer flavor as far as the fish goes. As I said earlier I've also got a sop here, and I've got some beer and butter and some onions and some garlic salt. I've got some decent lines on the protein side of that fish, so I'm going to go ahead and brush this down just a little bit to give it a nice shine. That's also going to make some nice smoke coming in there for us once I shut that lid down. It's going to marinate that fish as it cooks. Now, for those of you that have an aversion to the skin, what's going to happen is that once this fish is done, that skin is going to slide completely off. So it's really nothing to worry about. It's much easier to remove once it's cooked than when it's raw. So I've got that brushed down and I'll drop this lid and let that smoke kick up and get that fish nice and tender and shiny. Then we'll come back here in a couple of minutes and take a look at it.

Like this recipe, I have more, check this out with videos free:
http://homegarden.expertvillage.com/interviews/barbecue-grilling.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Jokes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum