Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maltodextrin Blues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
info.quest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: personal responsibility Reply with quote

I think people have a right to know what they are eat so they can make educated decisions. Banning foods that people have allergies to, or have intolerance issues with, or deem unhealthy, seems extreme. How about not eating problem foods.

People need to be reasonable. I can walk through a field of poison oak with no problem. Many people have terrible reactions. Doesn't mean I would plant my yard full of poison oak no matter how beautiful I might think it is. However if someone near me in a movie theatre is allergic to the "M&M's" I'm eating, the need to find another seat or take some allergy pills.
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i know is they didnt used to use artifical sweeteners like MALTODEXTRIN years ago!!!!!
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilbert wrote:
here's what the government approves:

http://www.cfsan.fda.gov/~dms/opa-appa.html

Thank you.... THAT PAGE IS NO LONGER THERE (No surprise at all)

Here is the latest copy of it...

http://web.archive.org/web/20111019233734/http://www.fda.gov/Food/FoodIngredientsPackaging/FoodAdditives/FoodAdditiveListings/ucm091048.htm

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!! -- They are hopefull people WILL HAVE ISSUES from this crap and require big pharmas assistance!!!! ($$$$$$) No other explanation for some of this garbage being in food!! (Aspartame,MSG,maltodextrin,etc)
Dude111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Dude111 on Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dude111

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
I too am sensitive to Maltodextrin. With age, I've had increased allergies & sensitivities to food. I began having a severe GI reaction- severe flatulence and diarrhea, uncontrollable, including lack of bowel control & leaking. My Pharmacist stated, "Are you sure? They're adding maltodextrin to everything, and he is correct." I don't know about the flavor enhancer thing nor low fat because they've added it to all the multivitamins. I have the same problem from Malitol and Sucralose (Splenda).

I swear they add this garbage to our food HOPEFULL PEOPLE WILL BECOME SICK AND NEED BIG PHARMA! ($$$$$$$) or even worse!!!!

Its all a scam............ Im so sick of it I cant tell you!!! -- TAKE GOOD STUFF AND MAKE IT DISGUSTING TASTING CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Chu wrote:
He doesn't view it as spam since he truly believes that we are all being poisoned.

Im sorry Micheal but what other reason could there be to add this garbage that doesnt belong there??

Carregeen for one...... Xantham Gum is another........

They did not used to use this crap in our food........

Im sorry,I dont want it to seem like Im spamming...... I am venting buddy Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum