Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: suggestion Reply with quote

Michael,
First of all, I really love your site.
I have a suggestion though, have you thought of sorting your recipes by the type of dish? e.g main course, snacks, desserts.
Thanks.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've been thinking about how to provide the most flexibility in listing articles (this will most likely be an enhancement to the Table of Contents first and then to the navigation bar once I figure out what's best for that). I will try to be able to present recipes by type (breakfast, entree, dessert, etc.) and by main ingredient (beef, chocolate, etc.). Either that or present an index-like listing. It'll probably be a while before I get to reorganizing and writing the code to support this, because currently my first priority with the site is provide more content.

Please continue to provide suggestions or refinements on this suggestion as that will help me decide how to update the site.

Thanks,
Michael
gue0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: The answer is some sort of a database engine... Reply with quote

Do not try to reinvent the wheel, it takes too long. What format your data is stored in will determine what is needed to access it selectively. If fact a search function would prove a useful tool for those in need of finding a reference to something needed before the pot boils over. Data is not stored contiguously on any machine, it is indexed for relational access, so it gives the impression of organized layout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking For Engineers Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum