Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Carrageenan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
'Shmallow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Carrageenan Reply with quote

Hi! I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some advice. I am looking for food grade carrageenan but can't seem to find any vendor that sells it for non-commercial purposes. Has anyone ever seen it in a store - online or in the real world? Googling has proven useless so I'm assuming it's just impossible but thought I would ask. Thanks!
MeganAmyH

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you looking for just plain ol' carageenan, or are you looking to use it for Jello purposes? I've found a few brands of unflavoured carageenan-based gelatins.
'Shmallow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just plain 'ol run of the mill work-a-day carrageenan. Maybe I should just start a carrageenan company, I'd make a killing.
MeganAmyH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried any local organic or health food markets?
anxiousmofo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:35 am    Post subject: brew supply stores Reply with quote

Go to a homebrew supply store, it is used for clarifying the wort in beer making. If there isn't one near you there are quite a few online.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum