Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

chicken parmesan. bake...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
problem

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: chicken parmesan. bake... Reply with quote

my wife is lookning for a recipe for a chicken parmesan Bake,
she explains it as a layered meal noodles breaded chicken and sause all baked together at one time .... has anyone ever heard of this?...

i would apreciate any sugestions... thanks
hijakk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like she's got the idea already.
I'd try the following:
1 lb of rotini pasta cooked
3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce (home made, store bought, whatever)
4 chicken cutlets, fried, sliced into 1/4" thick strips
6-8 Mozzerella slices
Fresh grated Parmesan cheese to taste

Put half of the pasta and the sauce together into the bottom of a cassarole dish, then scatter the chicken pieces on top. Layer the Mozzerella on top of the chicken to cover. Put the remaining pasta and sauce on top, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Add a couple of more slices of Mozzerella if you want.

Bake it at 350 for about half an hour. If everything looks good, pull it out, serve with a good salad and lots of garlic bread.

Note, I haven't actually made this, so the quantities may be off a bit, but this should give you the general idea. Depending on the diameter of your mozzerella slices, you may need more or less of the cheese.

This could also be scaled up fairly well I think, if you used 1.5 lbs of pasta, you'd have three layers, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum