Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need poke cake recipie

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Estara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: need poke cake recipie Reply with quote

I'm looking for an especially sinful poke cake type of a recipie. I tried one that somebody made a few months ago and absolutely loved it! It was so moist and almost gooey that I fell in love. Well time goes by and now I want to try making it and I can't find a recipie that sounds right!
I want to make one that's really incredible, I was thinking maybe a rum/citrus type of flavoring...
If anyone knows a good recipie please post!
Thanks
kgb1001001

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:18 pm    Post subject: Lemonade Poke Cake and a link Reply with quote

I think there are as many variations on Poke Cake as there are people who have made it. Our favorite is the following:

Bake one lemon cake mix as per box directions in 9X13 pan.
While baking thaw a 6oz can of frozen lemonade concentrate. Mix thawed concetrate with 1 cup powdered sugar.

Poke holes in cake with end of a wooden spoon. Pour lemonade mix over the cake. Refrigerate overnight. Frost with cool whip.

If you're looking for gooey, I think you're probably looking for a Jello poke cake. Try this recipe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum