Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Cheesecake Cupcakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimcfs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made it the other day using Biscoffs for the cookie base. It came out excellent!!
skoshman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: freezing? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if these can be frozen? If so, how long will they keep in the freezer?
TT

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be a silly question.. but how you meant to eat these? Do you peel away the liners and eat it like a cupcake or do you use a fork/spoon and eat it like a slice of cheesecake?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT wrote:
This may be a silly question.. but how you meant to eat these? Do you peel away the liners and eat it like a cupcake or do you use a fork/spoon and eat it like a slice of cheesecake?

I peel the liners and eat like a cupcake.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yummy! I used graham sticks for the base and homemade chocolate cream cheese icing on the top. I use at least 4 oz. of chocolate for 1 batch of icing to cut down on the sweetness.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject: Great taste but mine are collapsing in the centre? Reply with quote

Hi there -

These cupcakes taste great but i'm just wondering about a few things - my cupcakes fall in the middle after they have been in the oven. Does this have something to do with the amount of time I heat them or the way I mix them? Just wondering if there is anyone who knows how to remedy this? Also - should the cupcakes be firm/ should the liners come off easily - as mine keep sticking to the liners.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the falling in the middle has a couple of potential causes - the most common is temperature too high - the outsides cook before the center has time to set.

check your oven temp with an independent thermometer to ensure it is close to the set point - ovens are notorious for errors on that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cupcakes should yield slightly when touched when they are done. They will further set as they cool. Mine come out of paper liners without sticking.
Chinacan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Filling Reply with quote

I have a recipe for an entire cheesecake and it has cherry pie filing in the middle of the cheescake (placed there obviously before cooking). I was thinking about making muffin sized cheescakes with the same filling. Any ideas on whterh this would work or not?
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, that'll work.

you'll need to pay attention to the bake temp - the smaller muffin size will bake fast and burn easier - so start with a somewhat lower temp - I'd guess 50F ' less....
Eunice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Cheescake Cupcakes Reply with quote

I have made this recipe for over 25 years... and have recently made it with Splenda -- and it was fine!
snackingkitchen

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: creamcheese cupcakes Reply with quote

Thanks for the inspiration! Here is my version of the recipe : Sour Cherry Crustless Cheesecake Cupcakes with Sour Cherry Glaze http://www.snackinginthekitchen.com/2011/05/sour-cherry-crustless-cheesecake.html
Ciara

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Yumm Yumm Reply with quote

These cupcakes are awesome, honestly didnt mind the cupcake falling....I could barely wait for them to chill, I decided to put some cherry topping; Thank you so much for sharing this recipe..... Big smile
Wanda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Not sure where I went wrong Reply with quote

I made what seemed like a simple recipe for mini pumpkin cheesecakes using a gingersnap cookie as the crust. It tastes fine, however, all the cookies rose to the top..?? Where did I go wrong?
dean1756

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great recipe. I love cheesecake and these are good for picnics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: