Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Cheesecake Cupcakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>>suggestions:

yup, bake 'em 25 minutes <g>

seriously the baking time is affected by any temp errors, also how heat is distributed in your oven - "hot spots" are famous things... - where you put them (hi-middle-low) in the oven, type of pan you are using, paper cups, foil cups, phase of the moon (!), all kinds of stuff.
KCATRI

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: cheesecake cupcakes Reply with quote

Wink AWESOME!! I recently had to make something to take to school. We were really into cheesecake at the time and this recipe is so quick and delicious! I gave out the recipe and now other people are making them to bring to the next party! Thanks!
goldsky

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: gluten-free cheesecake mini cupcakes Reply with quote

I just made, for the first time, mini cupcakes with gluten free ginger snaps. Those of us, who need gluten free crusts, should try this.
genakole

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only change that I made was I ditched the muffin tins and just put the aluminum cups with the paper liners directly on a cookie sheet. This works well for cupcakes and anything that used to require muffin tins.
Tina

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: My mini cheesecakes cracks in the oven help please Reply with quote

Mini cheesecake are cracking while the same formula works for bigger sizes.
I am using a convection oven with low fan speed and using steam feature which inject 2liter water in the first minute. The oven is industerial oven.

To realease steam the oven shold be 300F to release the steam. after steam is being rleased I droped the temp to lower but within 8 min they start cracking and they are still not done and its inside is soft. What do you suggest pease help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any ideas about using the mini (24) cupcake tins, with liners or without, mini oreos fit nicely, split them or leave the whole, crush them to put in the bottom, take out the oreo filling first or leave it in.
Just a guy playing in my wife's kitchen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made these and they turned out great! Delicious and much easier than a full cheesecake. I'm bringing them to a work potluck. I ate one myself and it's so good.

I modified it by making my own graham crumb crust (it didn't take hours... more like 10 minutes...) which I blind baked for 4-5 minutes in the 350 degree oven. It's kind of crispy.

I also added some lemon juice to the batter.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grandma always said a recipe was a good place to start.... so who am I to argue with her. Smile

Used the recipe above (sorta) as my starting point. Then I added some Grand Marnier and frozen Orange juice concentrate (thawed). I did 1 1/2 the recipe and made the cupcake version with paper cups (that's all I had) and the balance into the smaller (8 1/2 in?) cheesecake pan. For the crust, I used 1/3 each of graham crumbs, ginger snap crumbs and chopped pecans. I used my tart tamp to tamp the crumbs into the paper cups - and it worked beautifully!!

After allowing to cool - I made a chocolate Ganache and before it thickened to much (cooled) I put a thin layer on both the cupcakes and cheesecake. I would suggest that you let this cool until VERY set before the next thing I did. (learned the hard way) Then topped it off with a whipped cream type topping. Place in the fridge and chill for 4 to 6 hours. (topping was whip cream, sugar, vanilla, dissolved gelatin and Grand Marnier)

Both were a huge hit at the office... so much so that I am now asked to bring in cheesecake at all meetings - now matter how small. I guess they like 'em!

P.S. the above crust is also very yummy with a pumpkin cheesecake. For the topping on pumpkin - I used one of the whip cream makers that use the cylinders - added some vanilla, cinnamon and ginger. I did not add any sweetener as the contrast between the topping and cheesecake were a perfect match. ( you could use pumpkin pie spice in place of the above spices). Serve as you would pumpkin pie - with a dollup of the seasoned whipped cream.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Prerequisite Reply with quote

Quick and easy recipe that I absolutely adore; thank you! Instead of oranges, I used strawberry slices that vaguely look like hearts if you back up and squint before looking at them. Happy Valentine's Day, everyone.
mase

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 am    Post subject: Re: To prevent cheesecake from cracking during baking Reply with quote

I have successfully tried a tip I overheard on AFC and it has never failed me - creaming the cheese cake ingredients with a cake mixer incorporates too much air thus the cake rises during baking then cracks. Upon cooling the cakes falls but craters appear on top of the cake which can be cleverly hidden with some kind of topping. To avoid incorporating air in the cream cheese mixture try mixing the cream cheese and the rest of the ingredients in a food processor (the close and covered food processor prevents too much air from being beaten into the cream cheese mixture).

I would like to share this simple baked cheesecake recipe that my family love. The cake sinks ever slightly in the centre thus enabling me to pour a bluberry pie filling topping just before cutting. Sometimes I add lemon juice from 2 lemons to produce a lemon baked cheese cake.

Cream cheese mixture:

24 oz cream cheese at room temperature
1 cup castor sugar
1 cup sour cream
3 eggs lightly beaten
1 tbsp grated lemon zest

Crumb base:

10 pieces digestive biscuits - finely crushed
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tbsp sugar

Mix crushed biscuits with melted butter and sugar. Press firmly to base of a 8" spring form pan that has been lined with aluminium foil. Chill in fridge.

Cream the cheese in the food processor till soft. Add sugar followed by beaten egg, sour cream and finally lemon zest. Use a spatula if necessary to scrape the sides of the food processor to ensure the cheese mixture is well combined. Avoid beating the final mixture too long.

Pour over prepared crumb base. Bake bain-marie 170C for 50-55mins. Cool in spring-form pan.
Remove onto a serving plate. Pour 1 cup blueberry pie filling.

Enjoy.
Becky

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Thank you for this recipe Reply with quote

I just made 66 of them for a lunch at a center for mentally ill patients. It's great to have a simple recipe that scales and gives good results. One thing I discovered -- the ginger snaps I used were too solid and stayed crunchy instead of melding with the cream cheese. So I dabbed about 1/2 tsp of water on each one before adding the cream cheese batter -- a big improvement.
Gogogirl739

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Refridgeration Duration Reply with quote

I don't we where it says it specifically, How long are we suppose to keep the cheesecake in the refridgerator??
britt holman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject: mini cheese cakes Reply with quote

Please help. I have lost the baking instructions for using ready made chocolate chip cookie dough squares as the crust for cheesecake cupcakes. I took them to my college classes and they were always a hit with the professors. I would have several topping choices (canned pie fillings) for them to choose from. I can not say that they improved my grades but the professors always insisted on taking the "left overs" back with them to "share" with their department. Wink
Jbear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Mini Cheesecakes Reply with quote

I have made a similar recipe using crushed vanilla wafers and mini muffin liners. I add 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1 tbs lemon zest to the batter. Then after cooled, I put a dollop of Lemon Curd and then a fresh raspberry. They have been a huge hit! The lemon cuts the sweetness of the sugar and the raspberry makes the taste pop!
calyn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Mini Ceesecake Reply with quote

I like this idea - the mini size cheesecake. I had slightly modified the recipe and it tastes good too. Thanks for the great tip!

http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=4965788436398420148&postID=6949602081200283930

or http://recipesnextdoor.blogspot.com

btw, i was an engineer but now is a SAHM :-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: