Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Cheesecake Cupcakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phipps

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Very good Reply with quote

I made these last night. They came out superb. Thanks.
billhuber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Another great simple recipe Reply with quote

My wife and son were very pleased with the cupcakes. The only things I would change would be to let the cream cheese soften more before mixing and let them sit for a half hour or longer. My cupcakes rose and fell. I like the idea of crumbled graham crackers but I am afraid they will be messier to eat with your fingers.
Heidi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:58 am    Post subject: Our appreciation of your site! Reply with quote

Hi! I wanted to tell you that we found your site a few months back when at the cottage as a family. We needed a recipe for pancakes, and my Dad pulled out his iBook and did a Google search. Being an engineer himself, and a gourmand, you can imagine his total excitement at finding a website for engineers who love to cook! Your recipe was great, too. Thanks very much for your hard work!

Heidi

My websites: Handmade wedding invitations, seed wedding favors and handmade paper & Modern photo wedding invitations.
Chef Geek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Rev A was good Reply with quote

These were very yummy but As an engineer I want to improve the product instructions. See below:

1 - "Cream" (blend) the softened cheese with the sugar, BEFORE adding the eggs.

2 - Add those eggs 1 egg at a time beating between each. This makes getting to a homegenous mixture much quicker.

Makes 14 or 15 cupcakes we found.
Fresh Bluberries are great on top!

Thanks! Chef Geek
J

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made this recipe according to the directions, and like others have mentioned, by the time the room-temperature cream cheese was fully incorporated into the mixture, the eggs suffered and as a result I experienced the rise, crack and fall result. And it makes about 14 cheesecakes, so I placed them on heavy-duty foil to bake alongside the muffin pan, which worked well.

The second time I made them, I did what typical cheesecake recipes state, and that is to beat the cream cheese till smooth before the addition of any other ingredients. As a result, they turned out perfectly the second time around.

I found that 1/2 cup sugar is too much. The rich cheesecake flavor tastes best when made with only 1/3 cup.

Thank you for a great addition to my saved recipe file!
Pocky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: Toppings Reply with quote

I'd like to top mine off with strawberries, but is it okay to add the strawberries after baking the cheesecakes, or do you have to bake the cheesecakes with the strawberries?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Toppings Reply with quote

Pocky wrote:
I'd like to top mine off with strawberries, but is it okay to add the strawberries after baking the cheesecakes, or do you have to bake the cheesecakes with the strawberries?

Topping after is fine, but the strawberry (or strawberry pieces) won't be embedded in the cheesecake. It's mostly a matter of aesthetics but the short cooking time may alter the taste of the fruit a little (mostly mellow out the flavors).
bekbek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Failing to follow scientific method Reply with quote

I have abandoned all hope of ever being a good kitchen mechanic, because my brain apparently does not accept the need to follow anything remotely resembling scientific method. That said, this is a good opportunity to say how much I enjoy this site --it's my favorite cooking resource, even if I then proceed to ruin all your hard work.

Made the little cheesecakes, but modified the recipe in response to other readings. I added sour cream and heavy cream (amounts by eye) to the cream cheese and egg and sugar mixture, and I used ginger snaps as the base. Then I cooked it all in a water bath.

And then (don't hate me!) I completely failed to adjust the cooking time.

What's worse is I'd decided to do them as caramel apple cheesecakes, based on a cake slice I once had at Dufflett's in Toronto (to DIE for), so I'd place thin slices of apple on top of each one of the cakes...

...meaning I could not observe the giggle factor! Shock

Yes, you're reading this whole thing right. I changed the ingredients and the cooking method but not the cooking time, and failed to provide a way to properly observe the results.

Kill me now.

On the up side, the newly dubbed "cheesecake puddings" were AMAZING. I pooled hot caramel on top of each one. They had to be eaten with spoons, but they were delightful.

I have been asked to try again (with some greater care in the procedure) and will report back with the result.

Again, love the web site. Even if I fail to follow the instructions. Sad

http://nothard.blogspot.com
kskerr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This recipe was awesome, and I also got more than 12 cheese cakes (not that I minded at all Wink ). Only thing I did different was a swiped the recipe for a graham cracker crust from another recipe, can't remember which at the moment or even if it was on this site, since I had no desire to invest in vanilla wafers for just this recipe (not a huge fan of the things) and to me only Eli's is allowed to not have a graham cracker crust, little extra work but it was so tastey Big smile! I did make the mistake of getting impatient and trying one before it was chilled, boy was that disgusting, especially since I generally eat my cheesecake when it is still frozen! Oh and I didn't put fruit on it since I like my cheesecake plain, would definately make this recipe again!!!
maryofdoom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a double batch of these, with a few modifications.

I thought, "What better to bring to a Thanksgiving potluck dinner than pumpkin cheesecake cupcakes?"

To a double batch of the cheesecake mixture, I added:

1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
Pinch salt

Then I baked them like normal. I ended up with about 40 cupcakes. They have a tasty cheesecake flavor with a nice pumpkin pie addition - I'm hoping they'll be a big hit at the potluck tomorrow!
lilmoon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: gonna be my first time Reply with quote

Smile this is kewl as it comes with pictures to assist..cause i'll have no idea how it suppose to look like when i get my hands on...i'll like to make a normal cupcake for a start but i couldn't find the steps to do it..
and for the cheese cupcake.. how should i make a chocolate cheese cupcake? my dad loves them more.. would like to bake my first time for christmas Big smile thank you..
richsisters

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Cheesecake Reply with quote

Hi! Can the individual cheesecakes be frozen for later consumption?
Thanks!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Cheesecake Reply with quote

richsisters wrote:
Hi! Can the individual cheesecakes be frozen for later consumption?

Yep, they should freeze up just fine. Slide them into a ziploc freezer bag for convenience - you can pull out as many as you need/want on demand.
newcook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Awesome... Reply with quote

I used this recipe tonight an it was so quick and ended up being so delicious! Thanks so much.....I topped it off with a slice of strawberry and 2 bueberries to spice it up! Smile
Gerald Graham

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Removing mini-cakes from pan Reply with quote

I have found that, after the cakes have cooled, you can flip the muffin pan onto a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet on top of the muffin pan, "flip" and the cakes will stay on the baking sheet (inverted), Cakes are easier to handle in the liners without disturbing their appearance and will not stick to the baking sheet. Turn them back over onto the serving dish and refridgerate. Disbelief
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: