Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Cheesecake Cupcakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blessedmomma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: gingersnaps Reply with quote

Michael have you thought about using gingersnaps for the "crust" ? I'm feeling experimental so I got some. Will make the batch tonight with half of them nilla half gingersnap. I'll give a review to let you all know.
blessedmomma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Gingersnap followup Reply with quote

ok, first off everything went according to plan with the recipe and I got 15 nice cheesecakes. I opted to put 5 frozen blueberries on top of each one, nice complimentary tartness. As for the gingersnap crust, it was a bit denser and had just a bit of chewiness to it where the wafer seemed to become one with the cheesecake texture. I prefer the dense texture. Flavor was suprisingly mild compared to eating a gingersnap out of the box. The ginger "bite" was all but gone where the wafer seems to again absorb the cheesecake and the flavor is not easy to distinguish. Bottom line, I like both. If you want to taste the crust try the gingersnap, if you want the cheesecake flavor unhindered, use the wafer. I'm half tempted to do a batch with brown sugar sprinkled on the bottom of the cups before the cookie is placed for a carmalized crust. What fun. Thanks Michael.
Crystal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

foodscigeek wrote:

Calories 210
Fat 15 g
Calories from Fat 135
Protein 4 g
Carbohydrates 14 g

Not bad considering it is cheesecake we're taking about! Thanks very much foodscigeek ^_^
Ryn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: healthy...cheesecake Reply with quote

I was wondering whether it'd work to use reduced-fat or even fat-free cream cheese...I'm slightly afraid that the reduction in fat content will upset them =/
Rev.Krull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Results From My Attempt Reply with quote

I made the cheesecake cupcakes last night. They turned out really good!
Instead of vanilla wafers for the "crust," I used chocolate chip cookies. The kind which are advertised as "soft" or "chewy" worked the best. They are generally larger than the bottom of a muffin cup, so I had to manually trim away the edges of the cookies to get them to fit (and you get to eat the trimmings, of course). Also, I'll note that the resulting mixture after beating had the consistency of pudding. You had to spoon the mixture into the cups, rather than pour. I topped my with canned cherries (3 per muffin).
slick

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: upside-down Reply with quote

I wonder if a silicone muffin pan would work. Also, if you put the crust on the top and the topping on the bottom would it still cook the same?
abr9er1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Mini cheesecakes Reply with quote

Love your website, thank you.

I made a similar recipe using prepared cookie dough from the grocery store refrigerator section as the crust. I liked the options for mixing the different kinds of crusts --- chocolate chip cookie dough, chococolate chocolate chip cookie dough, sugar cookie dough, etc. with a myriad of different fruit or candy toppings.

And the individual, smaller servings are great for transporting.
Catherine

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Recipe looks DELICIUOS. And the picture of the empty muffin liners with wafer is great.
chuie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: crusts Reply with quote

For those of you who prefer to make a crumb crust, try this:
Sprinkle the crumbs into the cups then use the bottom of a second muffin pan to compress the mixture.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have baked these for wedding showers before and they're always a huge hit. I prefer graham cracker/gingersnap crusts and I top with a fanned out sliced strawberry and a few small chocolate curls.

You can also make wee key lime pies this way, too.

Heels
http://www.mundanesuperhero.com
sheila

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: EASY ENOUGH FOR MY LITTLE SAIL BOAT GALLEY Reply with quote

Thank you so much for this cheesecake recipe. My husband LOVES cheesecake and this is simple enough to make in my little galley on our "classic plastic" 1969 CAL 34 liveaboard sailboat.

Hopefully, being individual cupcakes will allow for good portion control!

If interested, check out our sailing blog. We are currently on the Lagoon in the French/Dutch island of St. Martin / Sint Maarten in the Caribbean. We plan to head south (St. Kitts, Martinique, Grenadines, Trinidad) by the end of July.

Looking forward to perusing your site for more recipes that will fit our cruising lifestyle.
serenpoly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject: cheesecake cupcakes Reply with quote

From my experience, you can use just about any cookie that fits for the 'crust'. I've had excellent results with the shortbread and chocolate-mint Girl Scout cookies (a chocolate filling with those...) or the grocery-store equivalents.

For whoever asked about using low-fat dairy, the best cheesecake I ever made was with _extremely_ well-drained yogurt cheese. It was just tart enough to accent the sweet/rich tastes from the sugar and eggs, and I couldn't tell that the texture suffered, either.
superwife

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:48 am    Post subject: yum! Reply with quote

I tried this recipe out with fabulous results. I have photos and modifications at my site- http://theadventuresofsuperwife.com/plog

As far as the crust- I really preferred a crubled graham cracker with some brown sugar sprinkled in. It gave it a very authentic cheescake taste![/url]
thedessertcafe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Great Recipe Reply with quote

I own an online dessert site and these are the types of dessert that would sell quite well.
mitchypoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: YUMMY! Reply with quote

I made this recipe and it was really wonderful! The recipe is great the way it is and we had guests over and they enjoyed them also. I like that they are individual so even if you are watching your calories you can have one and not feel guilty. And the recipe is versatile too, next time i'm going to try a ginger snap for the crust and add some orange zest to the mixture.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: