Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cooking Water

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Cooking Water Reply with quote

What is the best way to cook water and to avoid burning it? Recently I over cooked my water leaving it very wet to the touch and also quite painful when I poured it over my head to test it.

If anyone has any water temperture perfection tips, I would love to hear from you.
Sweet Piglet

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have that problem all the time until I purchased a utensil called a kettle. Problem is, they're not really widely available yet as the patent is still pending.

In the meantime, may I suggest that as the water is heating up in the pan, you place your hand in it. Once the skin starts peeling off and you are in excrutiating pain you will normally find it's just at the perfect boiling point.
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we allowed to use "water" yet? Is the patent for that still pending? I think we should be told. I don't want to have to counter-sue somebody for telling me I am an illegal user.
Sweet Piglet

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFartPants wrote:
Are we allowed to use "water" yet? Is the patent for that still pending? I think we should be told. I don't want to have to counter-sue somebody for telling me I am an illegal user.

This is where things get complicated. We are allowed to use water if it's taken from the toilet bowl. Tap water is still waiting for it's patent for widespread use. At the moment the only people who are allowed to use tap water are those with headlice.
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Piglet wrote:
JohnnyFartPants wrote:

This is where things get complicated. We are allowed to use water if it's taken from the toilet bowl. Tap water is still waiting for it's patent for widespread use. At the moment the only people who are allowed to use tap water are those with headlice.

This should be common knowledge and available for everyone to read somewhere. Where does the law stand on sea water and using it?
Sweet Piglet

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFartPants wrote:
Sweet Piglet wrote:
JohnnyFartPants wrote:

This should be common knowledge and available for everyone to read somewhere. Where does the law stand on sea water and using it?

Sea water is an absolute no-no. Greenpeace put a stop to us using this as whales were getting thirsty.
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see more wated used in cooking to be honest. It seems to be a forgotten ingredient. Lard, for sure, but never water.
Saintplums

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFartPants wrote:
I would like to see more wated used in cooking to be honest. It seems to be a forgotten ingredient. Lard, for sure, but never water.

Are water Chestnuts made out of water, I need to know urgently...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Jokes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum