Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Recipes: Pan Pizza Comments Tangent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pizza was invented for feeding prisoners in prison, as it was easy to slide it under the door.

FACT!
Saintplums

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyFartPants wrote:
Pizza was invented for feeding prisoners in prison, as it was easy to slide it under the door.

FACT!

Although the traditional ingredients of fag-but, coackroach and Cell-mate spozz have been replaced with less exotic ones...
Sweet Piglet

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saintplums wrote:
JohnnyFartPants wrote:

FACT!

Although the traditional ingredients of fag-but, coackroach and Cell-mate spozz have been replaced with less exotic ones...

One always thought that pizza was basically one's vomit on bread after a heavy night.
Saintplums

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Piglet wrote:
Saintplums wrote:
JohnnyFartPants wrote:

FACT!

One always thought that pizza was basically one's vomit on bread after a heavy night.

That would be the Classic, Southsea Royale... now available with stuffed Crust...
JohnnyFartPants

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saintplums wrote:
Sweet Piglet wrote:
Saintplums wrote:
JohnnyFartPants wrote:

FACT!

That would be the Classic, Southsea Royale... now available with stuffed Crust...

A lovely dish. I think in some places it is known as pizza ala sidewalk.
rebalias

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does it take for pizza to go bad? Is there a chemical that prevents it? I've heard before that delivery pizza contains some sort of chemical to prevent it from going bad for a couple days if left out. I've eaten day-old pizza on many occasions and never gotten sick. Does anyone know if there is anything to this?

Last edited by rebalias on Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to side-track this joke thread, but since this is your first post, I just wanted to ask why you would want to eat pizza that was left out for a day. Pizza places near me all use natural ingredients, yeast dough, and I'm sure that if I left out on the counter, things would begin to grow on it. Days old refrigerated pizza should be fine from any source. The presence of preservatives would prevent yeast from doing its job as a leavening agent. It seems more like food store pre-prepared pizza (with preservatives like sodium benzoate and others) would would last longer left out on a counter than pizza delivered from a pizza parlor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Jokes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum