Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ways to melt the fat while retaining the juiciness
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Cooley wrote:
I gave the roast a simmer for 20 minutes then about 3-4 hours (I fell asleep) at 250° F wrapped in foil. Came out very, very tender but I sliced and didn't try to pull it. Thermometer broke so I don't know the internal temp. (Doh! I should have used the analog one!)

Thanks for the tip re 210° F. I'll try that sometime.

I'm on the last meal out of 3 total that I'm getting out of a 14.5 pound brisket. The first was done in the oven all afternoon and the last 2 I'm doing in the crockpot. Tonight's got turned off when it hit 212, fork pulls it to pieces nicely. The meat is NOT mushy, still has tooth to it and chews nicely.

xo, Biggles
edardoua

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i don't think that poaching chicken will result in some sort of much jucier conclusion solution. For the reason that animal meat cooks, your lean muscle materials contract and force water out from the animal meat. This really is a bound to happen outcome regarding cooking food.

Furthermore, poached chicken would be low. You'll have none of people tasty maillard products.

Really the only remedy should be to force your animal meat to absorb a lot more water prior to it really is baked to ensure as soon as the item releases a number of, a fantastic percentage will still be left. This might be accomplished having a brine (brines furthermore accomplish other activities for the animal meat also).

If you need to check out ways to cook your animal meat only to heat range, then quickly sear the outdoors, you might want to check into sous vide cooking food. This calls for a fairly weighty cost in advance to have an immersion circulator as well as various other temerature control device.

You might, get your ripped chicken methode. With the period your animal meat is shreddable young, it is rather dried up, nevertheless fortunaty your water that receives mixed with the item when you shred the item brings some sort of imitation juciness for it.

Personally, When i don't think there exists much you're able to do. Unfortunatly, chicken is merely dried up. Brining the item lengthy ample to possess just about any authentic impact results in your animal meat staying very salty, and cooking food the item to be able to USDA temperatures ends in a piece of running shoe leather.

In addition to, seeing that various other paper prints described. The particular fat is often a major element of your 'juiciness'. That's the reason chicken can be so dog-gone dried up, it really is reasonably trim.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> General Food Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum