Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

square single griddle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cucina Pro

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: square single griddle Reply with quote

I need to replace my 11" square nonstick Meyer professional grade griddle (NOT grill pan) and can't find Meyer in the states any more. I would like something thick and heavy but not cast iron, that has sides tall enough to hold some rendered bacon fat but not too tall to reach over to flip a pancake.

Does anyone have experience with the All Clad square griddle? On Amazon the photo looks like a flat surface but the All Clad website says it has ridges.

Any suggestions for a good, quality flat griddle that fits one burner?
skorpio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you never got your answer some info....

Meyers is one of the largest manufactures of cookware in the US, Meyer Professional was essentially an Anolon model without the anodizing and a different handle. I used to have one, and replaced mine with an Anolon one, it was exactly the same piece. Looks like that piece has got migrated over to the Circulon line now.

Meyers makes all the Kitchenaid, Farberware, Circulon, Anolon, and many many other lines.

look at http://www.meyer.com for thier lines
Cucina Pro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Circulon isn't my favorite brand, but the KitchenAid looks pretty nice. I ended up with the All-Clad and am very happy with it. I appreciate the information, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum