Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calphalon hard anodized pans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lebellue

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Calphalon hard anodized pans Reply with quote

Is it true that the calphalon hard anodized pans don't have anything chemical on their surace such as teflon, etc. Are they really just treated aluminum? Do you know how they are made?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware, the Calphalon Hard Anondized pans are simply hard anondized aluminum without a coating. They do make non-stick anondized aluminum pans, but they are labelled as such.
Amadio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calphalon One is an infused line of anodized aluminum, they inject a release polymer into the inner and outer serface of the pan for easier release of food.

Calphalon Commercial is just hard-anodized.

I can recommend the Commercial line, I'm very happy with my collection.
Amazon has very good prices lately.
opqdan

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can offer another recomendation for Calphalon commercial annodized. I have no want for an actual "non-stick" pan. Meats only stick till they are done and then they release, same goes for a lot of other foods. With non-stick pans, it is also difficult to get the browned bits that can be deglazed into beautifull pan sauces.

As far as non-stick goes, the only reason I can ever think of to use it might be for eggs or pancakes, but a well seasoned cast iron pan will beat a non-stick coated any day.

I would doubt that the calphalon pans use anything carcinogenic, but why bother with the risk?
GaryProtein

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a non-stick pan that will brown meat and allow you to deglaze the pan, try the Swiss Diamond. Its surface is lightly textured, but it will clean up like a dream.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum