Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Oven Baked Spare Ribs - Two Ways
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grma Kay

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Ribs Reply with quote

Smile I like to buy St. Louis ribs & remove that silver stuff from the back, using a paper towel. Use Paula Deen's house seasoning (1 C. kosher salt, 1/4 C. black pepper, 1/4 c. garlic powder). Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Sprinkle both sides of ribs with 1/4 C. Paula's stuff. Put racks, meaty side up, on a broiling pan or wire roating rack set over a baking sheet with sides. After the first hour, rotate the pan every 30 min. Cook about 2 hours in the oven. To test doneness, lift with tongs in the center of the rack. If the rack bends in the middle the ribs are done. If you make the day before, which is great, cover loosely with foil and reheat at 250 degrees about 20 to 30 min. You can heat sauces & serve with ribs. I've just found this super web site. I hope it's OK for a Grma to horn in. Big smile
textibule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: too complicated Reply with quote

Interesting recipe, but opening up a jar of prepared BBQ sauce seems way too complicated. Couldn't one just order out from the local fall-off-the-bone joint, then reheat the ribs in the microwave?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:18 am    Post subject: rips Reply with quote

I like to boil the ribs in a pot of water with a rubber boot, than throw out the ribs and eat the boot.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should really try to use Wild Turkey BBQ sauce instead of regular BBQ sauce. The bourbon flavor adds a great twist to it and is a truely an awesome taste all on its own. With the OJ of course.Wink But put just a couple of teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the bottom of the pan before putting ribs in pan.
Steve K

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Ribs - baked Reply with quote

A quick and foolproof BAKED BBQ Pork Ribs method that requires ONE decision, ONE hour and a 400 degree oven.

Baby Back Ribs (1 or more racks)
Your choice of BBQ sauce - I like Sonny's, KC Masterpiece or Kraft.
Foil lined baking pan(s).
Wipe rib racks w/paper towel, cut to fit pan(s).
Coat rib racks in BBQ sauce, place bone side up in pan(s)
Into pre-heated 400 degree oven - 30 minutes!
Turn racks in pan, brush/spoon on add'l BBQ sauce - 30 minutes!
Remove and cut into rib pieces.

Else go out to Famous Daves BBQ....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well heres my rib marinade, or at least a common variation.

Virgin Olive Oil.
Some BBQ sauce
Ground ginger
Piri Piri
A touch of Garlic
Honey
A little water
And the killer: Sweet Chilli Sauce

Sometime I also use a touch of sesame oil

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the orange juice, does it matter if it's fresh squeezed or from a carton?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
For the orange juice, does it matter if it's fresh squeezed or from a carton?

Doesn't matter that much.
chasta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: pics? Reply with quote

how does this looks like? we want pics mo' fo'! Shock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Ribs - two ways Reply with quote

I usually cheat and use just sprinkle a little meat tendorizer, and galic powder, and then pour a marinade (usually a mesquite flavor) on top and put it in the oven. I try to flip it every hour to hour and a half. I cook for 3 hours ant 300' , and everyone just loves them.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: tender n' easy Reply with quote

For tender ribs that will fall off the bone, prep ribs using Dan's dry rub method and make a foil "tents" of sorts that can be sealed tightly with single serving sized portions inside. Cook at no higher than 225f in the oven for a couple of hours, break open the tents and either broil for a couple of minutes or toss on the bbq for a few minutes to finish. Ribs will steam while cooking to perfection.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked the same pig and damn was it good. Keep to yourself F#&*@*!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really enjoyed the recipe i would like to recive some more from you in the future if that is okay.
Pig Lover

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: To the idiot who talks to pigs... Reply with quote

First, the slamming idiots:
Vegetarian: Ancient tribal name for the village idiot who could not hunt, fish, ride or trap.

I follow a strict vegan diet. I eat only vegans.

Second... I'm curious what the OJ does? Does the acids in the OJ break down the tissue to make the meat more tender? I've seen OJ used in several rib recipees. I'm trying this one out, but basting the ribs instead of soaking them. Also, since I'm a man, I like to rub my meat in spices before cooking, so I've rubbed them full of my own special rib rub.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a basic tenant of "bbq" sauce is the 'sweet' component.
aaah, well, okay,,, depends on who's bbq we're talking about....

orange juice is inherently high sugar aka sweet, reduces well, the remaining flavor is a pleasant citrus twang; sugar does well in the caramelize category, and it's an easy 'fix'

vegans and 'sweet-on-meat' are both good tasting; I find a liberal sprinkle of fresh dill does wonders for spaghetti veganese.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: