Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Oven Baked Spare Ribs - Two Ways
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bekbek

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Cooking for Engineers always comes through for me... Reply with quote

I was just thinking, "Hey I have a big rack of spare ribs and it's raining out, so my usual sloppy method of boiling and then grilling to almost-burn is going to be... wet. I wonder if the Cooking for Engineers dude has anything about doing ribs in the oven?!" And lo and behold, not only do you have it, but it's been up here for several years. Yay! Thanks, dude! I'm doing a little sweet-spicy dry rub but then using pretty much your recipe. Yay!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: Cooking for Engineers always comes through for me... Reply with quote

bekbek wrote:
I was just thinking, "Hey I have a big rack of spare ribs and it's raining out, so my usual sloppy method of boiling and then grilling to almost-burn is going to be... wet. I wonder if the Cooking for Engineers dude has anything about doing ribs in the oven?!" And lo and behold, not only do you have it, but it's been up here for several years. Yay! Thanks, dude! I'm doing a little sweet-spicy dry rub but then using pretty much your recipe. Yay!

Oven baked ribs do come out different that smoked ribs - mainly the texture tends to be softer and falling off the bone. Some people like it while others prefer ribs with a little more toothsomeness.
heavenlee420

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: yumm Reply with quote

mmmm mmmmmm!! they are in the oven as we speak! get in muh bellyah!! lol Wink
Andrea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Rib Alternate Reply with quote

Try simmering the ribs for an hour before putting in the oven with favorite sauce. Result is moist meat with no worries about undercooked pork.
tronman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to try your recipe except omit the O.J. and do Grand Teton’s tweak, grill the ribs with honey and BBQ sauce after baking. A hard to please family review pending.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize this it's 2017 and no one has posted here for years, but I came and your recipe for backed ribs. I have been baking them for years and usually do them low and slow but due to time constraints needed to find an oven temp that I could use. Also, the ribs are frozen. Yes, this was a spur of the moment decision to have ribs tonight! I usually allow 1 1/2 times for the cooking time if meat is frozen but except for that, I am following your recipe mostly. However, the one thing that has never worked is putting a slab of ribs in a 9 x 13 baking pan. How on earth do you fit them on that?! I am using a cookie sheet with side's/jelly roll pan, as I have always used. Thanks for posting your recipe!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I make my own rub of brown sugar, smoked paprika, Chile powder , garlic,salt and pepper rub them down good wrap them completely sealed in aluminum foil and bake three to for hours on about 225. Then take them out cover in bbg sause ang grill them about 10/15 min till I see the dause kinda carmalize. They will melt in your mouth.and taste like you just got them at logans...
mabellester

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

I think that I am going to follow your recommendations in order to have something like that! It might be super yummy!
mightydrives

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:17 am    Post subject: Long time successful user of this recipe. Recommended highly Reply with quote Delete this post

I've used this recipe for at least five years. Lots of great meals. Pay attention to the time recommendations and you will get what you want. Thanks for the recipe. Cooking a big batch right now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: