Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Banana Nut Bread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Great recipe Reply with quote

I just baked a banana nut bread using this recipe with the addition of one more banana. I also split the batter and baked it in two small loaf pans for a shorter baking time (approx. 35 min. baked together).

The result: sweet, fluffy, cakey...but a little too overbaked on the corners (but this might be due to my oven's heat circulation).

I had found a previous recipe that excluded baking powder and the result was a dense and moist bread. Mind you I got many compliments for it, but I miss my mom's homemade banana nut bread (which includes baking powder), but unfortunately the recipe card is lost somewhere in her messy kitchen drawers.

This recipe reminds me of my mom's recipe, and that's why I love it.

A solution to the overbaked corners can be resolved by adding water in an oven-safe bowl or tray and letting the steam moisten the heat while baking. I will do this next time now that I know the end result.
Alisa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Great Banana Bread Recipe Reply with quote

Most of the recipes i know are from foodista and Im so happy that you have a recipe here for banana bread. My attempt to make one before failed, but after reading all the tips here, I am encouraged to try again!

Thanks!

foodista fan
leenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: banana bread Reply with quote

every time i make banana bread it's always soggy in the middle. I bought an oven thermometer thinking it wan't heating up enough. I lowered the temp 25 degrees when using Pirex. Tried a metal pan.
Help
Fluggie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Transform banana quick bread into muffins Reply with quote

I am giving the comment about how to transform banana bread into muffins a try. I am so glad that I found this website, as I love cooking and I appreciate the detailed descriptions and I also love the electrical engineer that I am married to.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Banana Nut Bread Reply with quote

YUM!!!!! I followed the recipe exactly except for:

I used one extra banana that I had;

I left out the nuts only because I had already folded the dry with the wet ingredients and did not want to over do the mixing-----but, actually, the bread without the nuts was superb!!!;

and I baked in a white pyrex dish instead of metal---I still baked at 350 for 55 minutes. It turned out great! I definitly found a recipe for banana bread that I will stick with. Hubby gave his approval too!!
Tommy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Banana nut bread Reply with quote

I wonder upon this site while researching Grade "B" maple syrup. I only majored in Math one year and Engineering Physics for one year before deciding on a career as an Industrial Photographer but I decided to try this recipe anyway. I have a recipe for Banana nut bread but I am always looking to improve things. I am glad that I found this site.
boobunnie72

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: First time bread maker! Reply with quote

I looked up the easiest banana bread receipe i could find. i'm NOT the cook in our home..but i'm learning to make things here and there..and had three ripe naners ready for the trash...when it was suggested to me..to make bread. Well..the only thing i changed was adding raisins instead of nuts and everyone loved it..my son and hubby polished the whole thing off before i even got a piece. I'm taking that as a compliment lol
ty so much! Big smile
FreakyCook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:09 pm    Post subject: Awesome! Reply with quote

I just baked this! its Yummy! Enjoying it with a glass of Milk!
Thank you. Smile
Tiffany

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Great! Reply with quote

I haven't had a load of banana nut bread turn out since I changed altitudes. This one was great--perfect texture. Thank you.
Ella

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Chocolate chips Reply with quote

Try using mini chocolate chips in the recipe - nummmmm!!!

Also, if you're having trouble buttering and flouring a pan, this works for both metal and glass, but don't try it with stone (cracks!!!). Place pan in refridgerator for about 10 minutes. Melt butter (stove, micro, leave out in hot sun - ok, maybe not that last one- Big smile ). T
ake pan out of fridge, pour butter into it. Place back into fridge for another 10 minutes.
Then place flour in pan and rotate pan, coating all surfaces.
Yeah it adds some time, but it works for me and cuts down on some of the mess of trying to spread butter off the stick/wrapper.

I stumbled onto this site a couple days ago, favorited (Is that a word - oh well) it immediately and have been cruising it ever since. This is a great site, well written, well though out, love the way it is laid out (not just the recipes, but the eintire site).

Way to go Michael, and a big Kudo to all the other posters. Thanks for the great suggestions!
justone23

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: An addition to some really great Banana bread ideas... Reply with quote

While using your basic Banana Nut recipe...instead of vanilla extract I use ALMOND, and I use AGAVE nectar (2/3) cup instead of white sugar, I also put organic cherries on top after the batter is in the pan. I also found that glass works better then metal. The cherries float down into the batter and I end up with a cherry almond gluten free agave nectar infused bread. It does need to be baked a little longer because of the amount of WET ingredients have been increased from a normal loaf. You can eat more of this and feel good because of the lower glycemic index...yet it tastes just as good as any b bread has ever tasted.

Enjoy!
Baby77321

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

I had never made banana bread before. I made 3 different loaves from 3 different recipes and while the other 2 came out kind of dry, this one was amazing. It was also very easy to make, although it looked more difficult than the others. This is the recipe I will always use!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Great banana bread!!! Reply with quote

Excellent bread!!! I mean Perfect bread. I made some changes, I use whole flour and brown sugar, also I added 1/4 t. cinnamon.
Awesome site, thanks for sharing.
Emily

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Love the recipe Reply with quote

This recipe turned out great as muffins! They took somewhere around 15 minutes to cook. I added maybe a teaspoon and a half of cinnamon and about 1.5 cups of oatmeal. Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: banana nut bread using wheat flour Reply with quote

I made a banana bread on the weekend and the ingredients were the same just different measurements but I decided to use whole wheat flour. My bread was very flavourful but quite dense and I am wondering if its because of the whole wheat flour. If it is can you please tell me how I can make this recipe using whole wheat. thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: