Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil for easy release of bread from pan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arn234

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:16 am    Post subject: Oil for easy release of bread from pan Reply with quote

I have yet to discover an effective oil to coat the inside of a bread pan so the baked bread is easily removed. Has anyone found it? I ended up cutting silicone oven liner to fit inside the pan but it is starting to rip. Maybe parchment paper will work but I prefer brushing on an oil.

I stumbled onto this site and love it. The perfect union of science and gastronomy. Out of this world!
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Oil for easy release of bread from pan Reply with quote

arn234 wrote:
I have yet to discover an effective oil to coat the inside of a bread pan so the baked bread is easily removed. Has anyone found it? I ended up cutting silicone oven liner to fit inside the pan but it is starting to rip. Maybe parchment paper will work but I prefer brushing on an oil.

Ample amounts of butter seems to work the best for me - it sticks pretty well to the pan when I'm applying it (doesn't drip down so only a thin layer is left). Sometimes, dusting that with flour and then tapping out the excess before filling with dough/batter helps with release once baking is complete.
yocona

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:32 am    Post subject: pan release Reply with quote

The best pan release I have found is a mixture of oil and soya lecithin. You need liquid lecithin, available in health food stores. I mix it in equal parts with corn oil, though the lecithin bottle tells you to use a lot more lecithin. One caution: don't flour when using this, as it leaves a strangely colored crust on your baked goods.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Cooking Tips All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum