Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Strawberry Glazed Angel Food Cake
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S Trollope (Mrs)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Angel Food Cake Reply with quote

Hi

I wipe the mixing bowl, whisk and cake pan with a tissue soaked in vinegar. This means you can hand whisk the egg whites in minutes, and the de-greasing effect of the vinegar means you can use any old cake pan - doesn't have to be a tube tin.

Hope that helps!

ST (Mrs)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: the Chinese guy Reply with quote

for the Press on the solids to squeeze out as much liquid as possible step a chinois or a China cap really helps.

Daisypicker5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Cake!! Reply with quote

Oh wow I have actually never had angel food cake. I actually baked a Red Velvet cake this weekend using this recipe http://www.howcast.com/videos/139827-How-To-Make-Red-Velvet-Cake so maybe I'll bake an angel food cake this weekend and make it red!!
Reba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Avanced baking time Reply with quote

How many days in advance can I bake the Angel Food Cake ensuring that it will appear and taste great? PLEASE ADVISE!
Dilbert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

appearance will hold up longer than taste/texture.

two days in advance max - allow to cool _thoroughly_ and then keep covered.

less time if you're in high humidity. angel food has a fair amount of sugar which will absorb humidity out of the air and develop a wet surface.
Amber23336

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: The strawberries Reply with quote

Can I use fresh strawberries instead of frozen ones? If so do I cut the strawberries up first or just leave them whole while I boil them? I made the cake once and used fresh strawberries and I cut them up and my glaze looks different than yours.
lb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:47 am    Post subject: Let them eat cake! Reply with quote

OMG! That will be Perfect for our family's celebration pick-nick planned for this July!!! Looks delicious!!! I can't think of anything more appropriate! Thank You! Smile
bkristan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: glutenfree strawberry angel food cake Reply with quote

When I was diagnosed with celiac I was looking for recipes which might convert easily in a gluten-free form. This one works great and I have been making it for years.
Just exchange the wheat flour against an equal amount [cups] of sweet rice flour and the result is a fantastic gluten free angel food cake. Some liked it even better than the wheat version.
[Thank you Michael, for adding all you explanations to the recipes, that makes it so much easier to convert them for people with celiac Big smile]
adam

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: the cut after the cake is sliced in half Reply with quote Delete this post

i cut into the topside half of the cake and add the solid strawberrys, covering the top with the bottom half of the cake, i then flip it right side up Smile

the top falls into the bottom Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: