Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tri Tip Roast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Tri Tip Roast Reply with quote

A favorite recipe of mine that my mother used to cook for us before I moved off to college. I missed it so much that when I taught myself to cook, I had to learn this. Its really easy to cook, and incredibly tasty

Ingredients:
Tri Tip Roast 2lbs
Kikkoman Teriyaki Baste & Glaze 1 Bottle
Beer (stronger the better!) 1 Bottle or Can
White Rice 1 Cup

Fill an extra large zip lock baggy with the beer and teriyaki baste, mix and add the roast. Let Marinade for 1 to 2 days in the refrigerator.

Begin cooking the rice using a rice cooker or your normal means. Remove the roast and place it in a pan, pour the marinade into a sauce pan for later. Place the roast under the broil element and broil for about 7 minutes on a side until the outside is slightly crispy for texture. The time it takes to get the outside slightly crispy varies with how far the meat is from the element, so its important to use judgment here. Once you have the right texture, turn the oven over to bake at 400 degrees, and cook until internal temperature reaches 135 F, this usually takes around 20-30minutes. During the time in which the meat is baking, boil down the sauce until its thick like gravy. When the meat is done cooking, let sit for about 10 minutes to let the juices come back to the meat. Cut the meat into thin slices going against the grain and serve over white rice with sauce.

I hope you all enjoy the recipe as much as I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum