Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Slow Simmered Spicy Barbeque Sauce
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jill

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Great sauce as is Reply with quote

Thanks for once again keeping it clear and simple and delish. I used apple cider vinegar instead of white and cut back a little on the chili since I use berbere but all in all, I think the proportions are just right. Never buying sauce again.
Proaudio150

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Natural Flavors as defined by FDA Reply with quote

First off MSG MUST be clearly stated in ingredients. http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/4676616/ns/today-food/t/food-qa-just-what-natural-flavoring/#.T2kTeBB5mSM

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: water water water! Reply with quote

he he this was my first attempt at a BBQ sauce and it was AWESOME! I never liked bottled BBQ sauce and this was so easy and so yummy. I doubled the recipe so I have heaps and used 3 tablespoons of honey instead of Molasses. The only thing is it was SO super hot and this is from someone who has a high tolerance for spicy.

A tip for the Australians who try this. I found out that Chilli powder in America is different and less hot than Chilli powder in Australia which is straight pure Chilli powder. In all fairness I also added hot paprika instead of standard paprika so there's two factors raising the hotness level already. Next time (pretty soon so I have a milder Sauce) I'm going to just go with 1 teaspoon of chilli powder instead of 1 tablespoon and if I want it spicier I can tweak it. Too wasy to smooth out with the stick blender after it cooled and it was just the perfect thickness. Will be a great sauce to add to bolognese and other dishes for delicious flavour and some kick.
rsneha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I love the site, but dont like the units. Well only the weight is a problem. How many oz on a kilo? (or grams on a oz).

Try this site : https://www.easyunitconverter.com/weight-converter
Dilbert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weights are extremely easy to convert,
volumes are extremely easy to convert,

several thousands of sites that will do that.

where it gets sticky is converting volumes (like cups - used in US and others) to weight - used in most other countries....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: