Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hot cocoa

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dough5440

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Hot cocoa Reply with quote

Anyone have a good recipe for luxurious hot cocoa, made with real ingredients? I'd like something that can be mixed and stored, then added to hot milk, like instant, only not store bought. It's the best cure for my insomnia. Thanks
Taamar

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple.

Get a bar of really good chocolate (I like ElRey 61%, but I don't like sweet cocoa)) and grate it with a rotary grater. Store in a canister. Heat milk and add a small amount to a couple heaping tablespoons of chocolate. Stir until smooth. Add remaining milk.
qwertyblue64

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: I use cocoa another way Reply with quote

When I have hot cocoa, I don't use a cocoa mix. This is my recipe:

One heaping spoonful Dutch-Process cocoa (I use Droste)
Two heaping spoonfuls confectioner's sugar
enough milk to fill the mug you are using

Heat the milk in a separate container in the microwave for 1 1/2-2 minutes, depending on how hot you like your cocoa.

Meanwhile, combine the cocoa and confectioner's sugar in the mug until well-blended.

When the milk is heated, pour just enough into the mug so when stirred, a syrup is created.

Then add the rest of the milk and stir. Enjoy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Recipes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum