Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Lemon Iced Tea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just made a full gallon of this tea from sun tea that was left outside for 3 or 4 days. I made it with 6 regular tea bags, and doubled the sugar and lemon juice. It is the best glass of tea I've had on a very long time!! Thank you for the great recipe Smile
teadiane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: 1 min. tea brewer for loose leaf Reply with quote

We have been in the retail loose tea industry for years. We owned a loose tea shop in our home town for 4.5 years and now have developed a 1 min. loose tea/herbal brewing technology that has been taste by the best palates in the industry. No mess or waste. By the cup, consistent every time. We are going to be launching it to the foodservice industry in the near future. It takes up 10 in. of counter space and requires no plumbing connection. 1 TBS of loose leaf in 9 oz. water, brew in the machine for 1 min, pour over 24 oz. tumbler full of ice. The best iced tea you will ever have!
Pigyzoiyg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Overcoming bitterness Reply with quote

Ive been told (And it worked for me) that adding baking soda as you bring the water to the boil, prevents some of the tannins from being released from the tea. This means you can steep the tea for longer without as much risk of the bitter tannins coming out. This really pays off if you're trying to make a low sugar version.
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure it does....... Baking soda is useful for many things!
Injuneer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Tasty tea Reply with quote Delete this post

Try putting honey (adjust the amount to suit your taste -start with about 2 or 3 tablespoons) into the water right after you take it off the heat, stir it in, then add two or three chai spice tea bags for 10 - 20 minutes. Let it cool & chill in fridge......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: