Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cleaning Steel Pan
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Experiments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SusanW

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: BAR KEEPERS FRIEND Reply with quote

Stuff works great. Burned a calphalon roaster, didn't want to use steel wool. Bar Keepers worked like magic. Oxalic acid cleanser.
DrBiggles

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: BAR KEEPERS FRIEND Reply with quote

SusanW wrote:
Stuff works great. Burned a calphalon roaster, didn't want to use steel wool. Bar Keepers worked like magic. Oxalic acid cleanser.

Oxalic acid rules. Works great on brightening your wooden deck too.

Biggles
kaka

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Steel pan Reply with quote

There is always sticky food in steel pan while stir fry and it makes difficult to clean the steel pan. I have to scrub it time and time again after I fry something upon it. It is so time consuming and irritating to feel my flesh of my hands being peeled off during the scrub which is not so good for anyone.
Pit Hinder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When itīs meat stuck to the pan: pro cooks use salt. Cover the cinders with it and heat the pan until the salt turns brown. You can shove the gunk off with a wooden spatula. Hardly any scrubbing needed after that. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Experiments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum