Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotary Peeler/Grater?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaronMcFarlane

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Rotary Peeler/Grater? Reply with quote

I'm a bit of an Iron Chef addict, and a tool that they use fairly often is something that's referred to as a "Rotary Peeler" or "Rotary Grater." I know what a rotary grater traditionally is (usually for cheese, no?) - this tool seems to be a spit upon which you mount a root vegetable and turn against a blade which produces long, spaghetti-like strips of said vegetables. They use it to make garnishes, deep-fried bird nests, and delicate wrappings for meat/seafood. Anyone know where one could find such a tool, or what a more accurate name for it is? Thanks,

-Aaron McFarlane
Jörg

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something like this?
Applemate

Or this?
Rouet Spiral Vegetable Slicer

Not really sure exactly what you're looking for. I don't watch Iron Chef, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum