Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Basic Pancakes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancake batter is too thin. Came out more like crepes. Very little flavor to these pancakes.
Jia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: just made the recipe Reply with quote

OK so I just devoured TWO of these pancakes but changed the recipe a little bit:
1.5 cups of skim milk
1 Tbsp. of sun crystals sugar + (2 regular)
2 egg whites 1/2 cup of unbleached flour (something organic)

And after I cooked them they felt like heaven in your mouth I was soooo surprised... thank you sooo much for the recipe...i have batter for days now Smile now to go work off the lbs I just added to my life lol
McViking

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Breakfast is important Reply with quote

When home, I would always make this and other simple nutritious breakfasts in 20 minutes or less...
Pancakes...Waffles...Crepes...Bacon, Hash-browns, Eggs...Hash & Eggs...Chorizo & Eggs...Vegetable Omelets...and Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, and Cold Cereal sometimes too...
then off to school for Regan, Kelly and Miles, then wake up Mom.
joni

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: pancakes and other recipes Reply with quote

i just found this website. i love it. i suffered head trauma a few years ago and forgot everything i knew about cooking. i used to have recipes i had tried and loved, and perfected. this explains everything properly, and has excellent recipes!! thank you Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post

It would be nice if this recipe included the yielding amount. That is a VERY important part to ANY recipe, considering that one person may only be cooking for a single household or a household of two, where-as another, like myself, is cooking for a house of five, and it is very inconvenient to cook out a recipe only to find I have to make an entirely separate batch because the original recipe didn't yield enough.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: