Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Card Holding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilbert

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Card Holding Reply with quote

I like to keep 3x5 cards 'at the ready' in the kitchen for stuff I do frequently.
super-abbreviated recipes, proportions (see the pix...), etc.

over the years I've used a number of ad-hoc devices - most resembling napkin holders.... so I decided to solve a pet peeve with my own design.

this is red oak, sized for 3x5 index cards, the semi-circular cut outs allow one to push out/access the cards. the upright pcs completely cover the 3x5 cards - I have found 'loose edges' in the cabinet to be problematic....

my pet peeve is simply: after you fetch-to-front the right card, whadda' do with it? lay it down in the goop?

so my design pictured has a 'front porch' with an angled slot cut to 'hold' the bottom of the card.

Ronaple

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a good idea. You made it yourself?

I've thought about using my Android for thing like recipes. It seems to me it's more like trying to play with a toy. Your way gets the job done.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

definitely home made (g)

the problem with using electronics is messy fingers. and stuff like phones/pdas "shut off" just when you go for a re-look.....

I've found plain on pencil and paper still the best solution. almost anything I make regular I have a a text/rtf file - I print out a copy when I need it and then I don't have to worry about getting it wet/messy/whatever
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum