Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Parmesan Garlic Bread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
talia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: ur rite Reply with quote

youngcook wrote:
All this sounds good! I am so hungry now. I normally buy it at the store, but I occasionally get some garlic and olive oil together. I toast my bread and then add minced garlic and back to toasting and then I add Italian spices and olive oil. Big smile

ITS GOT TO...
DOESN'T IT? Teasing
Raquel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: Garlic Bread tip Reply with quote

Try just a tidge of honey mixed in with your garlic butter. Makes all the difference in the world!!
enginerd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: oregano Reply with quote

I add a little sprinkle of oregano in the butter mix and it also adds some good flavor.
neeki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey michael, it should be "slide the pan into the oven," not "slice the pan into the oven."
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neeki wrote:
hey michael, it should be "slide the pan into the oven," not "slice the pan into the oven."

Thanks for catching that. I fixed it.
JustVisiting

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Garlic Bread Reply with quote

Interesting that everyone is putting the raw garlic into the butter and bread. Try this sometime. finely chop (or mince with a press; I prefer the chef's knife approach) the garlic -- a lot of it. melt a stick of butter and gently saute the garlic over low heat until it softens. Don't let it get brown. If it goes that far, throw it away, clean the pan, and start over. When the garlic is soft and just getting ready to turn, take it off the heat and spoon it onto the cut loaf, (toasted first a little, if you like that), then bake. The garlic will infuse into the butter, making a much smoother flavor, instead of hits of garlic.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post

Lemon, dill, oregano, blue cheese, honey(?), parsley, bacon all sound like wonderful additions. But for those who are truly daring, add anchovies, its great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: