Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test Recipes: Joy of Cooking's Peanut Butter Cookies (14-in-
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RecipeMashups

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Joy of Cooking Peanut Butter Cookies Reply with quote

Wow, you just saved me a lot of time and work! I have the Joy of Cooking and was about to make these cookies, but seeing the results of your efforts (only one person liked the cookies) made me rethink this. I'll have to find a new recipe, now. Love your blog -- the detail and pics are fantastic. I'll be back to visit!

Elizabeth
http://www.recipemashups.com/
RecipeMashups

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Joy of Cooking Peanut Butter Cookies Reply with quote

PS -- I've added you to my blogroll at http://www.recipemashups.com/.
Emily

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: I dunno Reply with quote

I came here from Google looking for the original Joy of Cooking recipe, as it's an amazingly good and easy recipe, producing rich, tender, and crumbly cookies, almost like shortbread. (My copy is in storage at the moment.) I hope the one from the New Joy is the same as the original. If it is, I'd be leery of using the stand mixer. It's not only a waste of energy and more stuff to wash, but can overbeat your flour, creating too much gluten and turning a lovely, crumbly cookie into one that's hard and chewy. Sorry to be so low-tech, but all that's really needed, if your butter is at room temp when you start so that creaming it with the sugar is easy, is a wooden spoon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: peanut butter matters Reply with quote

the type of peanut butter you use is very important when making peanut butter cookies. It can't be the natural kind (where it's just ground peanuts and maybe salt). it has to be the regular skippy or Jif type. prob. has something to do with the stabilizers or emulsifiers used.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Delete this post

My best friend makes these from the original Joy of Cooking book but uses fresh ground peanut butter from the health food store. They are incredible!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: