Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Dark Chocolate Souffle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JETinRI

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Great Recipe Reply with quote

Thank you for posting this. I used 74% dark chocolate. It was my first attempt at making any type of souffle and it came out great.
Jim Duffy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Ingredients question Reply with quote

What is the ingredient shown on the plate with the dark chocolate in the very first picture showing all of the ingredients? It looks like cream cheese, but the recipe doesn't call for any...Is it the butter?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Ingredients question Reply with quote

Jim Duffy wrote:
What is the ingredient shown on the plate with the dark chocolate in the very first picture showing all of the ingredients? It looks like cream cheese, but the recipe doesn't call for any...Is it the butter?

It is the butter.
DanMM

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: chocolate souffle Reply with quote

Great recipe i made two small ramekins using dark chocolate (70%) from WalMart. I used the whole chocolate bar (3.5 oz) and it worked perfectly. The chocolate is made in Germany and tastes surprisingly good. I also used the three egg whites and the height was impressive and the souffle delicious. For those of you who want to substitute cream of tartar: just use equal amount of vinegar. I've sustituted this many times and even did it with these souffles and it works perfectly.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:48 am    Post subject: What a great recipe! Reply with quote

This was my first attempt, and the instructions with pictures are incredibly reassuring. I had to make a few substitutions (or a trip to the store). I used milk chocolate and half and half instead of cream. They looked a little undercooked at 15 minutes, so I added 2, and they turned out well. My kids were asking for more and my husband said it was the best dessert he'd ever had. Thanks!
prac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Drying Effect Reply with quote

I made this recipe with 62% cacao chocolate. It was delicious and moist, but despite the moistness it had a drying effect on my tongue. Any idea what caused that? I would rather not have that effect if I can help it.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Drying Effect Reply with quote

prac wrote:
I made this recipe with 62% cacao chocolate. It was delicious and moist, but despite the moistness it had a drying effect on my tongue. Any idea what caused that? I would rather not have that effect if I can help it.

Could be your brand of chocolate. What brand is it and how does it taste when you eat it out of hand?
prac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Drying Effect Reply with quote

It's Nestle brand. I don't notice any drying effect from just eating the chocolate itself.
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Drying Effect Reply with quote

prac wrote:
It's Nestle brand. I don't notice any drying effect from just eating the chocolate itself.

Can you list the ingredients of the chocolate? If I don't see anything odd there (should be just cocoa/cacao solids and butter, lecithin, and sugar) then I'll have to ponder this a bit more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: And add blueberries Reply with quote

try adding 1/2c blueberries... perrrfect!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: microwave Reply with quote

can you cook souffle in a microwave?
Dilbert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.........can you cook souffle in a microwave?

this I once tried.

would have made a wonderful grade school volcano science project, but as to serving the resulting mess,,,, well - we called it scrambled eggs . . . . not recommended.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This recipe is very easy to understand, I appreciate what you have done. I'm excited to make this; souffles aren't scary, if it doesn't come out right try again! Wink
ace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: dark chocolate souffle Reply with quote

fantastic! i love your step by step directions with pictures! please do more recipes! your shrimp scampi recipe is also outstanding!
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: How can there be any remaining? Reply with quote

This sounds delicious, but why are there two steps for folding the egg whites? Where you wrote:

"Adding the whites a little at a time, fold them into the chocolate mixture."

and

"Without over mixing, fold the remaining egg whites into the batter."

How can there be any egg whites "remaining" if I do the first folding step?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10

Jump to: