Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Dark Chocolate Souffle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: chocolate molten cake Reply with quote

trist wrote:
as much as i lurrrrrve chocolate souffle, i was wondering if you have a recipe for "chocolate molten cake" instead? i would like to make one based on your recipe. Smile

I'll start experimenting...
TopfUziel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: Sauce? Reply with quote

Any ideas for a sauce to go with the souffle? When I've had it in a restaurant, it's sometimes served with different sauces...maybe raspberry or grand marnier?
The great thing about this recipe is preparing it before hand!
Thanks!
bmc01

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: suaces for souffles Reply with quote

I have a friend who is a graduate of the Culinary Institute and he always makes "hard butter" for the souffles. Just a teaspoon of this on the souffle, and it tastes like heaven. I don't have the recipe, do you have one?

I have found the hardiest thing about making souffles, is fear. They are not that hard, but they are intimidating.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just to be clear, when you write that you used 70% cacao dark chocolate, is that a sweetened chocolate or an unsweetened baking chocolate?
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a bar of sweetened super-dark chocolate.
Olive

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Great recipe! Reply with quote

I've made this recipe twice now and LOVE it. The most amazing chocolate dessert I've ever had. And I made it! Guests are very impressed. Thank you for a great recipe.

BTW, the first time, I made it in a gas oven and it was fine. Maybe because the ramekins are pretty small, the souffles were pretty sturdy.
Spec

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Souffle ramekins! Reply with quote

Heya, I was wondering what I should change if I wanted to make one very large souffle in a large ramekin. Cook it longer?

I've made this recipe with the smaller ramekins countless times and it is the best. Good work :p
Furtis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made these today and came out good, the inside I don't think cooked properly as it was a bit liquidy. Maybe I over mixed it or the fact I used cooking milk chocolate instead, I'm not sure but they still tasted great.

Thanks for the recipe. You illustrated well it and explained each step which was very helpful. I was wondering, if I wanted to make a plain Souffle could I use this recipe but omit the Chocolate mixture?

I'm gunna give it another try another time, it's not something you can eat often. Thanks.
Lilandra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:59 pm    Post subject: We made! Reply with quote

We made.
Here's a picture

The first night, my maths had some extra so...we baked some in a larger dish and maybe too long so it was a bit dry. The next night, I made sauce and it tasted good tho it might not have needed sauce.

Thank you *very* much!
Lily
Joyce

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:22 pm    Post subject: chocolate souffle Reply with quote

I've recently mastered making creme brulee which I always thought would be extremely difficult to do. I think now it's time to try something different and something I've never even had. I already have the ramekins, which is great. You've made it look really easy. Thanks!

-Joyce
Ben Brockert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With regard to cooking a souffle at high altitude, you might try whisking the eggs less, so that there is less air to expand (or over-expand), or over-mixing it when incorporating the mixtures to reduce the amount of air enclosed.
AeroChef

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: : ) Reply with quote

I went ahead and made this recipe... it came out top notch. : )

I like the whipped cream idea from a previous user...
JD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: whipping the egg whites Reply with quote

The first time I made this, I didn't understand what was supposed to happen with the egg whites (being a neophyte in the kitchen), so, I just beat them with a fork for a few minutes, added sugar, beat them a little more, poured in, and baked. The result was, essentially, chocolate molten cake that wasn't bad, but certainly wasn't souffle.

The second time, my wife was home, and she showed me how to beat the egg whites correctly. We used Ghiradelli baking milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate, and the result was an excellent souffle that we and our friends enjoyed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: souffle Reply with quote

this recipe seems excellent! thanks so much for posting it and the photos are very useful

quick question, will it make a difference if we use milk chocolate instead of dark chocolate?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and what is the tartar cream? do they have it at regular grociery stores?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: