Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Board games...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Chu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:25 pm    Post subject: Board games... Reply with quote

I just thought I'd share that I like playing board games and card games.

Some of my favorites are:
Settlers of Catan - a strategic building game with elements of cooperation and trade
Fluxx - a card game with ever changing rules
Empire Builder - a railroad building game based on North American geography
Lost Cities - a simple card game that is a lot of fun

Recently I got Candamir and Vanished Planet. Both excellent games. Candamir is part of the Catan series, but is a bit less strategic than Settlers. The quests are very straightforward - pick a resource to collect, go collect it, build when you can. A little less cooperative than Settlers because you can always go for a resource of your choice. Vanished Planet is a cooperative game that feels like the odds are overwhelmingly stacked against you. The game is scalable in difficulty level and now comes with a free expansion pack.

I watched some people playing a game called Burn Rate recently, but the game is out of print and I can't find a copy. If anyone has a copy and wants to sell it to me, let me know. Smile
ldyvic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Games Reply with quote

Hi,

I play card, trading card, board, console, computer, MMORPG, and table top RPG games.

Favorites as listed.

Cards: Spades or Cribbage

Trading Cards: Yu-gi-oh, use to play Magic the Gathering but I liked to eat and you can not eat food everyday and collect Magic cards.

Board: Backgammon, Monoply and Risk. Does Jenga count?

Console: A RPG series name Lunar and Anything made by Square-Enix AKA SquareSoft

Computer: Risk, Age of Civilations series, and anything with the word Sims in it. lol

MMORPG: I use to play Runescape and Second Life. World of Warcraft how ever has taken over my life. lol

Tabletop: Shadowrun and Mechwarrior ( I mean any time you can drive a mech is cool right? )

Ok after reading this list. I might just be the geekest chick on the planet. lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dude111

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like older games such as Chutes and Ladders,Candy land,etc.......

I havent played them in along time.... I wouldnt mind though!!
tidyswoop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite board games are scrabble, chess and monopoly.
EliMunn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, I'd go with Monopoly. Smile Give me all the moneyyyy! Laughing Out Loud Im'm Elizabeth, by the way, from Sydney. Nice to meet you.
tmokbel1965

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as board games go, I absolutely love Othello. I like all kinds of other games as well and even own a 3DS :p Cool
Dude111

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got 3 games @ salvation army I love!!!! (Havent had them for along time)

1) Aggravation - 1970 version
2) Candy land - 1978 version (Last original/good version)
3) Battleship - 1981 version
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Anything Goes All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum