Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Mini Hamburgers
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this mini burger sound good, but i wonder about the english mufin and how dry they could be unless i serve them immeditly.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

i'm colltroonik. this web is very nice Smile, soryy for my poor english, i'm from mexico

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm gmlgekko. i just find this web and is really good Smile Smile Smile
Tusko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Mini Hamburger buns Reply with quote

Just found this site. As an engineer myself, I particularly enjoy it. I have been making my own hamburger buns for a couple of years, all with a bread machine. I started with white flour and have graduated to half whole wheat flour, both because it gives a better flavor and because it is more healthy. It is easy to modify the recipe to make any size desired.

I can post the recipe if anyone is interested. What say you all? (That's not the southern Yall. I am in Seattle.)
jks19714

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Engineers Don't Cook Reply with quote

Once or twice a week, I am too pooped to cook (usually when teaching evening classes).

The solution - swing by Five Guys (one of the better hamburger joints) on the way home. Once home, ditch the (by then) soggy rolls and repackage in freshly toasted English Muffins. Add some onion and a little A-1 Sauce. Mmmmm.

Best,

john
Aviva

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: alternate pattie Reply with quote

My family doesn't make hamburgers often, but when we do, they are TO DIE for!

We try to be healthier, so we use extra lean ground beef to make our patties. Since lean meat does not hold it's shape well, we add pieces of bread. We also add spices and garlic to the burger, which are very common, but we also add chunks of green apple. I have never seen green apples in burgers anywhere else, and if you have never tried it, this is a MUST in any burger recipe! SL
rich.bronson

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: alternate pattie Reply with quote

Aviva wrote:
My family doesn't make hamburgers often, but when we do, they are TO DIE for!

We try to be healthier, so we use extra lean ground beef to make our patties. Since lean meat does not hold it's shape well, we add pieces of bread. We also add spices and garlic to the burger, which are very common, but we also add chunks of green apple. I have never seen green apples in burgers anywhere else, and if you have never tried it, this is a MUST in any burger recipe! SL

My family goes the same route. We always try to cook healthier whenever possible, and burgers are no exception. Maybe it's just me and my odd taste buds, but I think the extra lean ground beef tastes just as good if not better than normal ground beef.
SteelAngelJohn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Success! Reply with quote

Tried this out, and scaled up the ingredients and whatnot. They came out a little thicker than I'd have liked, but that was my own fault; and overall - complete success!
Peabody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Good hamburger buns Reply with quote

Hole Phoods sells a nice brioche in packs of 6 that make excellent hamburger buns

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: English Muffins Reply with quote

Sorry to post as a guest but it wouldn't let me register Sad (on first attempt it told me that I had made too many password attempts!)

Anyway, I just want you to correct that statement about (English) muffins being created in America. They were widespread - including "Muffin Factories" in England long before they reached these shores. You know what they called them? Yep, you're right, MUFFINS Laughing Out Loud The only thing created in America was calling them English Muffins to differentiate them from what in England they call - nope, not American Muffins - BUNS! Shock

Can you tell I'm English? Now I'm off to cook my first ever hamburger. Thanks for the great recipes Cool

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: nostalgia Reply with quote Delete this post

i am reading these comments posted by people in 2006 and feeling nostalgic. It is a surreal feeling..
In btw, this is my first time on the site..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: