Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Dark Chocolate Brownies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FL cook

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: cocoa brownie recipe Reply with quote

Alton Brown has a recipe for brownies made with cocoa. Go to the foodtv website and search there for the recipe.
oh suzanna

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Spicy Bacon Brownies Reply with quote

I made this recipe about a year ago but added some cinnamon, cayenne and bacon for spicy bacon brownies that were such a hit I could not say "cooking for engineers" fast enough for all the people who wanted my recipe.

I am trying to remember exactly what I did so I can make them again to pay back a friend who is doing me a favor. I think I doubled the recipe then added about a tablespoon of each spice, cooked up maybe six pieces of bacon very crispy and crumbled it in and substituted about a third of the butter with bacon grease.

(For those of you who wanted some idea of how to proportion the spicy and bacony ingredients.) I'll check back after I make the new batch and let you know what I end up doing this time and how they turn out.
Tasha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Greasing the pan Reply with quote

Forget lining the pan with parchment paper.... The easiest way to get your batch of brownies to pop out of the pan whole is to grease the pan with shortening... Seriously! It hasn't failed yet! And try inverting the entire batch of brownies on a cutting board and cut it with a pizza cutter while its upside down. Much less messy than cutting it in the pan. And it doesn't ruin your pan either! Big smile
coso

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Best recipe ever Reply with quote Delete this post

I'm always coming back to this recipe. If this website goes offline I'll be lost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: