Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recipe File: Dark Chocolate Brownies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Run

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this: crumble up 10 Rich Tea digestive biscuits and put into the batter after adding everything else, and mix thoroughly before pouring into the pan.

Deeeelicious.
divya98

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: THANKS FOR UR MIND BLOWING DARK CHOCOLATE RECIPE.. Reply with quote

Smile I DONT HAVE WORDS 2 THANK U N DIS AMAZIN WEBSITE DAT I FOUND THROUGH GOOGLE..IT WAS A NITE B4 VALENTINE & I HAD 2 MAKE SUMTHIN SPECIAL & WAS HESITANT IN TRYING DIS RECIPE AS HAV HAD EXPERIENCD BLUNDER IN PAST..BUT ALL THANKS 2 DIS PERFECT RECIPE IT WAS A LIFE SAVER..IT TURND OUT SO TASTY..EVERY 1 WHO TASTED DA BROWNIE JUST LOVED IT & WAS ALL PRAISES FOR ME.
-JUST 1 THING DAT I ADDED EXTRA COZ I NEVER WANTD 2 CHANCES WAS A PINCH OF COOKING SODA, & THE BAKING TIME EXCEEDED TO 60MINS (AS AFTR 30 MIN IT WAS ALL LIQUID SO I WENT ON INCREASIN TIME BY 10 MINS EACH N FINALLY AFTER 60 MIN IT WAS SET) @ 160' C..
THANK YOU AGAIN..
TAKE CARE
GOD BLESS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the recipe.

Every time I have a dinner with other people in which each one has to bring something, I cook the brownie and I always get the best appraisals.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Double boiler? Reply with quote

This recipe is quite close to the brownie recipe I use, but instead of using the double boiler I just stick the butter and chocolate in the microwave. It's a lot easier that way, just takes a minute or two to have the chocolate and butter mixture ready.

All of the ingredients can be tweaked by 25% or so in either direction to get the particular sort of brownies you like.
Johnc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Quite possibly the only brownie recipe Reply with quote

I've ever seen that contains no leavener whatsoever.
I think I'll err on the side of caution and throw in a half teaspoon of baking powder to be on the safe side
Johnc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: leavener Reply with quote

Ok, I take that back, now that I look there are many recipes for brownies without any leavener, I'll try it as it is.

Note that a double boiler is very 20th century Smile A microwave is the far superior modern way to prepare melted chocolate for this kind of thing.

I've made many chocolate creme brulee's that way, it's a snap.
Just toss the butter and chocolate broken up into a container, hit it with 10 second increments of hi power in the microwave repeatedly until it starts to look like a gooey mess but not so far as to melt it completely, then stir it to complete the melting.
robinmessage

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: It can take more chocolate Reply with quote

I've been experimenting with brownie recipes and I think this could take at least 50g more chocolate - I love chocolate!

I also experimented with chocolate and lime flavoured brownies. The lime flavour is quite interesting in a brownie, but on reflection I think brownies should be chocolate through and through.

Thanks for the gorgeously illustrated recipe Michael, you've made me want to go make more brownies Smile
sheila

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Just what I've been looking for Reply with quote

I've been wanting a recipe like this for a long, long time. It's been close to 30 years since I've had brownies like this.

These are alot like the brownies I made as a kid, but I no longer have that recipe. I love melting the chocolate, and adding the flour, plus LICKING THE SPOON!

Thanks again for your wonderful recipes!
brandlyyours

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: tested this recipe Reply with quote

My friends did not believe that I was able to bake that good

This is an easy to do, delicious desert. Thank you! Smile
natatlie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: yummy! =D Reply with quote

these brownies were really goood!! =D =D i'm a novice at baking.. but the receipe was really easy and simple to follow! =D although my housemates and i felt that it was a little too sweet.. would probably reduce the amount of sugar in the future.. =D thanks michaelchu! =D
Savani

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Awesum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote

I'm a novice in cooking.Also i'm nt very fond of cooking.
Add 2 tht i'm an engineer nd due 2 my studies nevr gt d time 2 entr d Kitchen.
Bt my kid sis happens 2 b my opposite. She tym nd again prods me 2 cook with and for her.

So here i was all set 2 make anothr often repeated disaster of my life -- Brownie... until i happen to come across this site.

This recipe is excellent and it does turn out to be a success.I have made it 3 times in the past 3 weeks.

Also i loved the easy 2 understand format of this site. A must-see site for all the analytical minds!Wink
Lisa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: best brownies Reply with quote

I have been using this recipe for years (from a Domino sugar box!) and it is excellent. However, I have improved it by using 3 oz. chocolate and 3 oz. cocoa, and adding 2 tablespoons of chocolate liquer. THE BEST!
Geldar in Germany

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Dark Chocolate Brownies Reply with quote

These brownies were good and easy to make, but I felt that they were lacking a bit in depth - maybe my dark chocolate wasn't a high enough cocoa percentage. Next time I make them I'll add about 1/3 tsp. salt and I think that should do it. I don't think I've ever seen a brownie recipe without salt, but I liked that these didn't have brown sugar in them, as that ingredient is hard to find outside the US. They were better the next day after they settled, and of course we ate them all, so I guess I can't really complain Smile
kittynoosa

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: How to Cut Chocolate Brownies Reply with quote

The best way I have found to avoid the Brownie from sticking to the knife is to heat the knife in hot water. Whether you just run it under a tap or fill a tall container with enough water to cover the blade. Dry the knife before slicing and return to the water after each cut. This also works well for Tarts and other sticky desserts.
Happy Cooking Folks
Kit Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Fantastic recipe Reply with quote

I lost my recipe Sad for American Brownies and was desperate to get a good one. Never expected this website to come up in the google search. I had to make them last night for my mother-in-law who was flying back home and was afraid of experimenting. Despite apprehensions, the brownies turned out to be fantastic Smile . Much better than the recipe I had.

Just a question, how do we ensure that the bottom does not get stuck. I did butter the pan and floured it but was unable to overturn the pan and get the brownie complete into another plate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Comments Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: