Cooking For Engineers Forum Index Cooking For Engineers
Analytical cooking discussed.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new stone cooking pans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exercising to eat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:28 am    Post subject: new stone cooking pans Reply with quote

Hello,
When I saw the new style stone frying/grilling pans were non-stick plus some come with glass lids and removable handles so you can take the handle off after browning stage and place the pan in the oven to cook/brown I thought they'd be the best thing ever - not to mention a replacement for the nasties in non-stick pans!

Then I started to think about granite often being radioactive. Would I really want a granite pan? - not sure what other stone pans are made from I see some are really ceramic not stone. I've read about in-room home testing for radon gas and slow release of radon gas from some kitchen benchtops but I can't find anything about stone especially granite frypans or whether all granite is radioactive and leaches. Are stone frying pans safe?
Thanks
fridolph

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I use that in cooking.
Dilbert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you use in cooking?

I have not found any pots or pans made from all stone.

"graniteware" is decorative porcelain - it's not stone.

the closest I've for this hyperbole is Stoneline - which is another brand by Swiss Diamond.

Swiss Diamond is PFOA free - as is every other PTFE/Telfon pan on the market.
Swiss Diamond used to state they did not use Teflon because . . . Teflon is a brand name and they use generic PTFE.

what products are you using?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cooking For Engineers Forum Index -> Tools, Equipment, and Gadgets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum